Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#751 timswifemom

timswifemom
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

I'm with you girl. I swear sometime I think they just hijack baghs so they have someting to sell at their store down south. Our trip is in 6 weeks and I will sure carry my dress for the wedding with me. Well good luck in getting it back,but since it is so long I really don't think you'll ever see it again.

#752 kwebb28

kwebb28
    • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone. My fiance and I are planning a wedding for September 8th, 2011 at Beaches TC. I am SOOOOO frustrated right now and would LOVE advice!!!!! Up until now, everything was going pretty smoothly. We booked our trip about 3 weeks ago through Travelocity.com.(We already booked our wedding date separately through beaches so that all worked out...) Anyway, we were lucky and got a great deal!!! 7 nights, $3,300 with airfare. My parents, along with 6 of our close friends planned to join us once we told them about this great rate!!  They all planned to book within the next few weeks.

NOW the stress comes...I got online yesterday to check the rates again AND it's jumped up to a grand total of $4,900.(OUCH)...I don't know what to do!!!!! I'm so very disappointed, because we were exicted to think that we'd have our closest friends and family there. Now it looks like they won't be able to afford it at all.

Do the rates typically jump back and forth?? OR can I just expect it will stay at this price from here until September??? Any advice or experience with this would be great!!!!

Thank you!!!

#753 Kendall

Kendall
      • 234 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Lauren, Juanita & Molly -

Our big day is coming quickly!  Are you ladies ready to go?  When are you leaving?  We leave next Tuesday (5/17).  I think I have everything together.  You?   Soooooo excited! 

Kendall

#754 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

kwebb I havent dealt with travelocity but I know when we booked the rates stayed exactly the same but that was through beaches website.

#755 TheHogans

TheHogans
          • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I just had my last dress fitting today! It's coming so quickly! I think I have everything ready to go...we leave the day after you do (Weds the 18th). Starting to get suuuuuuuuuper nervous...I feel like I HAVE to be forgetting something. 

#756 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

I am using a TA, we booked in Jan, and our guests are starting to book now. The rates have stayed pretty consistent to what is on the Beaches website. When i saw how much you paid for yours, my jaw hit the floor, you got an amazing deal!!! But thats the thing with those travel websites, its not consistant..I am not sure if they will go back down or what, but i hope your fiends and family will be there for you!!! Good luck!

Originally Posted by kwebb28 

Hello everyone. My fiance and I are planning a wedding for September 8th, 2011 at Beaches TC. I am SOOOOO frustrated right now and would LOVE advice!!!!! Up until now, everything was going pretty smoothly. We booked our trip about 3 weeks ago through Travelocity.com.(We already booked our wedding date separately through beaches so that all worked out...) Anyway, we were lucky and got a great deal!!! 7 nights, $3,300 with airfare. My parents, along with 6 of our close friends planned to join us once we told them about this great rate!!  They all planned to book within the next few weeks.

NOW the stress comes...I got online yesterday to check the rates again AND it's jumped up to a grand total of $4,900.(OUCH)...I don't know what to do!!!!! I'm so very disappointed, because we were exicted to think that we'd have our closest friends and family there. Now it looks like they won't be able to afford it at all.

Do the rates typically jump back and forth?? OR can I just expect it will stay at this price from here until September??? Any advice or experience with this would be great!!!!

Thank you!!!

#757 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
              • 396 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kendall 

Our big day is coming quickly!  Are you ladies ready to go?  When are you leaving?  We leave next Tuesday (5/17).  I think I have everything together.  You?   Soooooo excited! 

Kendall

#758 Avelyad

Avelyad
                • 156 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

kwebb,

I agree with LizzDee, you did get a great deal, but the problem will be finding that great deat for the second time in order for your friends and family to afford it! Our rates have pretty much stayed the same since we booked with TA in Jan, too.

Good luck!

#759 kwebb28

kwebb28
                  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

I spoke to a travel agent the other day and she told me it may have been a glitch in the system...the average nightly rate was $283....that's just crazy since it's all inclusive!!! I'm glad we booked when we did, I just feel bad for my friends and family who were so excited about this deal that no longer exists. =( I'll keep looking just incase a miracle happens BUT  I doubt it will!!! Thank you everyone!!

#760 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
                    • 86 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

Hey Kendall!  I actually just got home from doing some shopping for a few more things (sunscreen, bikini, hat, some flowers for my hair, etc). 

I STILL need to find jewelry to wear on the big day..eeek!!  I cannot decide what I want, and I've shopped several times and found nothing!!  What type of jewelry are you guys wearing?

My fiance and I are leaving on Wednesday, 5/18.  We will be returning on the following Thursday, 5/26. 

Kendall, I bet you are soo excited!!  Less than a week before you depart!!  YAY!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall 

Kendall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users