Photo

Nail color for wedding

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

My wedding colors are white, cream and yellow. Everything is quite neutral. I really want to have hot pink nails for the wedding instead of the usual french manicure. Do you think i will regret this decision at a later date? 

#2 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
    • Site Supporter
    • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

It's so funny...I painted my nails a few days ago- hot pink! And thought to myself, wedding day nails?? I quickly thought that I would regret the decision. There will potentially be a lot of pictures, close ups , of your hands etc...I think a classic french mani will stand the test of time. You just can't go wrong. I thought of adding a pop of color by wearing a vibrant flower in my hair instead of the traditional white. Hot pink nails may be in now, but when you look back ten years from now what will you think?? Just my thoughts 

#3 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
      • 301 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

You are probably right! I keep going back and forth in my head. I guess I will do a last minute decision and just have to live with it lol

#4 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

Why not add the colour to your toes so it's less noticeable?  Hot pink looks great with a tan too!

#5 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
          • 301 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

great idea, will definitely do toes. I'm going barefoot too

#6 ammorris17

ammorris17
            • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

I say if that is what you want then GO FOR IT!! You might regret that you didn't do it!

#7 sonyaj

sonyaj
              • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

IMHO I would stick with the basic french or a light pink is nice too. Just thinking of the pics where you show off the rings, I think you may look back and regret it. Go with the hot pink the day after or maybe for the rehersal dinner or other wedding event.

#8 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
                • 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA 

My wedding colors are white, cream and yellow. Everything is quite neutral. I really want to have hot pink nails for the wedding instead of the usual french manicure. Do you think i will regret this decision at a later date? 

That colors were on my lists when I planned about our wedding and I end-up choosing cream. 

If you really love about hot pink then go for it.

#9 Avens

Avens
                  • 576 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

I'd go more natural myself, but I rarely wear nail polish.  If you love pink, I'd do pink - I think the idea of doing a lighter pink might be better though.  Then hot pink it up on your toes!

#10 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
                    • 170 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

I am also thinking of using color for my toes and for my fingers something more neutral.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users