Jump to content

Photo

Bubba Kegs


  • Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#121 KatieJ

KatieJ
  • Jr. Member
  • 168 posts

    Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

    Love the Bubba Kegs... not sure if it was mentioned on here, but i saw somewhere someone mentioned they used the bubba keg itself to fill with the rest of the oot bag stuff... saves having to actually buy a bag!! Thought it was a great way to save a little extra and i will look fuller... less stuff to buy, always a plus:)



    #122 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:40 AM


      I love the navy and the new purple!!! The one's I have visited had lots of the steel/grey blue!

       

      I went to one this morning with no purple or navy luck so I am off to 4 more stores now, lucky to be in another city today!!!

      Originally Posted by Peach 

      Mine just had the new style.... I had been planning on the old blue, but oh well! I am getting the purple ones (not that purple is one of our colours, but we are not exactly heartbroken... it is a great purple colour, and my favorite colour!) for the women, 20 oz (the bottle opener built in is so funny!), and the men get the 34 oz, in the navy. I had to get a raincheck, but they cannot guarantee colours, they can just let me know when the sizes come in. Oh, I also got the big 52 oz one for FI's bestman (he only has one person standing up for him). That one is black, since FI thinks that is more groomsman appropriate.

      I am running to a different Canadian Tire tomorrow to see if they have any more. All in all though, very happy about them!



       



      #123 Natalie2012

      Natalie2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 212 posts

        Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:25 AM


        Hey Tori...I ended up getting the 16 oz bubbas for $6.99 (plus my FI discount..yay)!!..I did get 10 of the purple...not sure which ones u have but my CT still had more of the purple...Also u can ask them to check inventory at other stores that may be close to you..that's what I did to save on the driving:)
         

        Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


        I love the navy and the new purple!!! The one's I have visited had lots of the steel/grey blue!

         

        I went to one this morning with no purple or navy luck so I am off to 4 more stores now, lucky to be in another city today!!!



         



         



        #124 Starfish0512

        Starfish0512
        • Jr. Member
        • 283 posts

          Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

          Still so very jealous that you guys get purple up there!!!  I know I can order it from the site but refuse to pay $9 plus shipping!!! Maybe just one for me :)



          #125 Peach

          Peach
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,293 posts

            Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

            I was debating that grey-blue, since purple is not even close to one of our colours, but I love it anyway, and I like how much it shows up. It is a great colour! Now I just have to decide the size I want.... 

             

            KatieJ, I know, isn't that a great idea? It's what we are planning on doing... we won't be getting too much OOT stuff, since so many people will be fairly seasoned travelers anyway, and are quite prepared people. Just some fun things, so it is nice to be able to fit them into the bubba. Love it!



            #126 charitydawn

            charitydawn
            • Jr. Member
            • 157 posts

              Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:27 AM

              Got my bubba kegs friday. I bought out all 3 ct's in moncton. My FI decided we needed to get 20 of them "just incase" There were two that were my exact wedding colors (brown with blue accent) and then the rest were the steel blue and brown with a few black thrown in :) Those were the 20 oz size I did see some of the beautiful purple ones and wanted to get one for me.. but I'm pretty sure my head would have fit in one it was so big lol. My FI suggested against getting something for me that could potentially hold that much liquor lol



              #127 Peach

              Peach
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,293 posts

                Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

                Ha! Yeah, we had old ones in Mexico on vacation this past summer.... FI had the big big one, and I had a 20 oz. I thought my size was perfect, and he loved his size, but I could not BELIEVE how much liquor it held! It was literally the equivalent of sticking a straw directly into a blender! It took him a while to drink, but the slushy drinks actually stayed the right consistency the whole time! Awesome! The only concern with the big ones is that you are stuck with the same drink for so long. You had better like whatever you put in there! I guess you can always pour it out and get something different though, but that feels wrong somehow. :) 



                #128 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:53 AM


                  Glad to hear they worked so well! I am sure our guests will really appreciate them once they see the benefit of having them!

                  Originally Posted by Peach 

                  Ha! Yeah, we had old ones in Mexico on vacation this past summer.... FI had the big big one, and I had a 20 oz. I thought my size was perfect, and he loved his size, but I could not BELIEVE how much liquor it held! It was literally the equivalent of sticking a straw directly into a blender! It took him a while to drink, but the slushy drinks actually stayed the right consistency the whole time! Awesome! The only concern with the big ones is that you are stuck with the same drink for so long. You had better like whatever you put in there! I guess you can always pour it out and get something different though, but that feels wrong somehow. :) 



                   



                  #129 erinmc

                  erinmc
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 284 posts

                    Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

                    I just got the last 7 (32 oz) for $4each at my closest walmart, and I have family members on the lookout at other locations. My problem is I have no idea how many ppl will be going to our DW being that it's not until 10/11/12!!! Now I'm regretting not getting  the 16 oz., they hard a bunch. Maybe I will take another trip tomorrow.



                    #130 torilynnsmith

                    torilynnsmith
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,748 posts

                      Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:11 PM


                      You should be fine Erin, Walmart has them every year in the summer and since you have another summer before the wedding I wouldn't worry too much about it!

                      Originally Posted by erinmc 

                      I just got the last 7 (32 oz) for $4each at my closest walmart, and I have family members on the lookout at other locations. My problem is I have no idea how many ppl will be going to our DW being that it's not until 10/11/12!!! Now I'm regretting not getting  the 16 oz., they hard a bunch. Maybe I will take another trip tomorrow.



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users