Photo

Anyone taking guests on an excursion?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Ms.H

Ms.H
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi ladies, i'm just wondering if any of you are planning on taking your guests on an excursion? FI wants to take everyone on some sort of adventure while we are away as a thank you to our guests? I'm just wondering if anyone has and what did you do? We are having 35 guests so i'm a bit concerned about costs, as well as choosing something everyone will enjoy???

Thanks

#2 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:12 AM

I hope to do this as well - but I am going to have to wait until I figure out how many people are coming before I can pick an excursion.  I am not sure where you are getting married, but one option for an excursion that isn't horribly pricey is a catamaran cruise.  My thought is to pick an excursion and then ask my guests before the trip who would like to join (as everyone won't enjoy everything).  I will 100% pay for immediate family and depending on the number of guests attending the wedding, I may only be able to subsidize the excursion for others.

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

I am taking my guests on a private catamaran.  My wedding is at 10 am so we will be doing this in the afternoon.  I am only having about 16 guests includes us, and the cost is about 1300.00

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 Ms.H

Ms.H
        • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

We are going to Mexico, so a catamaran cruise would be perfect. I like the idea of keeping costs down by paying for some adn subsidizing for others. Thanks for your suggestion!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I hope to do this as well - but I am going to have to wait until I figure out how many people are coming before I can pick an excursion.  I am not sure where you are getting married, but one option for an excursion that isn't horribly pricey is a catamaran cruise.  My thought is to pick an excursion and then ask my guests before the trip who would like to join (as everyone won't enjoy everything).  I will 100% pay for immediate family and depending on the number of guests attending the wedding, I may only be able to subsidize the excursion for others.

#5 Ms.H

Ms.H
          • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:03 AM

Where are you getting married? How did you find out the costs already?

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

I am taking my guests on a private catamaran.  My wedding is at 10 am so we will be doing this in the afternoon.  I am only having about 16 guests includes us, and the cost is about 1300.00

#6 irisheyes

irisheyes
            • 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

We are hoping to bring our guests on a boat trip, there will be less than 20 people so it's not working out too expensive for us.

#7 82turtles

82turtles
              • 297 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

I would love to do a boat cruise or something for everyone, too! But we'll have to see about the costs. Agreed -- great idea to pay for some, and just subsidize for others. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!

#8 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ms.H 

Where are you getting married? How did you find out the costs already?

I am getting married in Ocho Rios Jamaica,  I just found a company then I emailed them and they gave me a quote!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#9 Ms.H

Ms.H
                  • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

I am getting married in Ocho Rios Jamaica,  I just found a company then I emailed them and they gave me a quote!

I think i will look into it before we go...we were thinking of just sorting it out when we get there, but maybe if we do it ahead of time we'll get a deal!

#10 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
                    • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

I love the boat idea, I was thinking the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users