MsSmithtobe
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

You got me all excited!!!

#32 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Camilla, the evening show that the entertainment crew does.  I saw at least 3 different brides in their dresses, maybe 4, I can't remember if I saw Jenn or not at the evening show which starts about 9:30, sometimes its audience participation and sometimes not.  We ended up with 2 bottles of rum for participating.

We brought the pink chair bows (so did Jenn).  Iberostar has white, silver and maybe gold.  I had planned to use theirs but our chair bows arrived for our AHR before we left so we took a package.  The flower decorated huppa was not my wedding but they were fresh flowers. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

#33 Tina5978

Tina5978
      • 231 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Wendy you've been so helpful!  Thank you for all of the added details.

Do you have any input on the restaurants?  The reviews are all over the place and I'd like to have your insight.

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
        Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#34 Julie's Iberostar Wedding

Julie's Iberostar Wedding
        • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

Great journal Wendy! Thanks for sharing!

#35 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

Tina, I put my review in the new resort section, I have a section about the restaurants.  All are good, the specialty resorts are slow; expect at least 1.5 hours.  The Japanese and Cajun (creole, or something similar) are at the Beach resort, a quick walk or an even quicker golf cart ride.  Our wedding dinner (not private, just at the restaurant) was at Aunt Ruby's steakhouse, the food was good but the service was very poor (I think we had an inexperienced server; or he just had a bad night)--I don't think that was typical.  The Mexican and the Gourmet were very good.  The buffet was actually really good, we had octapus in a seafood stew, curried goat, pasta station; oxtail stew.  Every night they had a cheese bar with quite a few varieties of cheese in addition to all the dinner options. 

Below is my review:

Wendy you've been so helpful!  Thank you for all of the added details.

Do you have any input on the restaurants?  The reviews are all over the place and I'd like to have your insight.

#36 Tina5978

Tina5978
            • 231 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

I read all of your post and somehow missed your review...duh lol.  It sure was helpful.  Thanks a million :)

I'm so glad you wedding turned out to be WONDERFUL!

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
              Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#37 Julie's Iberostar Wedding

Julie's Iberostar Wedding
              • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for posting the link to your review on the resort! It was really good to hear about your experience!

#38 janapana

janapana
                • 591 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

All the details are beautiful, love your flowers and rings. Congratulations!

#39 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Wendy,

For the marriage certificate docs (birth certificate, passports) did you send copies or originals.  If copies, did you just make a copy and have it notarized?  Not sure how that works.

May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#40 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

We had certified copies of our divorce decrees and birth certificates but this wasn't what was needed, so then I took the copies to a notary to have it notarized.  Really quite easy, easier than getting certified copies that weren't even needed!  certified does not equal notarized, glad I asked before sending everything to Jamaica.

Originally Posted by eholt 

Wendy,

For the marriage certificate docs (birth certificate, passports) did you send copies or originals.  If copies, did you just make a copy and have it notarized?  Not sure how that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users