Photo

Wedding Etiquette - IS THIS A JOKE?!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 mekanabr

mekanabr
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

Wow. Both stories are really ridiculous!!  I hope it works out for you ladies!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

I do not have equal number's for groomsmen and bridesmaids so my MOH asked if we could put her boyfriend in. My FI has never met her boyfriend ever and I was totally put on the spot I just said well they have never met and it would be kinda weird.

#22 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Wow, I would never think to ask someone that, especially if they had never met before!

I do not have equal number's for groomsmen and bridesmaids so my MOH asked if we could put her boyfriend in. My FI has never met her boyfriend ever and I was totally put on the spot I just said well they have never met and it would be kinda weird.

#23 Kat1919

Kat1919
    • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

OMG! Totally weird! I can't believe she was ask that, haha.

#24 celticgirl

celticgirl
      • 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

well at least theres a light at the end of the tunnel, that sounds like something that would happen to me!

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
        January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#25 Mmack

Mmack
        • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Drama that you don't need..

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#26 luvmoo

luvmoo
          • 503 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

That is crazy!!! and i agree with Mmack.. it is drama that you don't need!!!! 

#27 mishele81

mishele81
            • 202 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

I can't believe the nerve of some people!! :(

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

#28 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

#1) I don't understand why the number of BM has to be equal to the number of boys.  My FI is very sociable, and I am the opposite, so I can't match unless I put an ad on Craigslist or kijiji and hire some extra BMs to beef my bridal party up.

#2) I don't get the fuss of being in the wedding party, some people got offended if they didn't get included in it. 

#3) I paid for all my BMs' and my FI's boys outfits.  I heard stories like a selfish bride picked a $1200 BM dress, and asked the BMs, who aren't cash rich, to pay for their own dress.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#29 luvmoo

luvmoo
                • 503 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

My wedding part is not evenly matched, i have one more BM than we do GM. but we don't care!w e would rather have an odd number of people that we care about and whom deserve to be there, than people we barely know...defeats the whole purpose of the meaning of them being in the bridal party.

I didn't pay for my girl's dresses, however as attendant gifts i bought them each a Coach Bag... so i think i made up for it! lol That and i didnt pick a really expensive dres.s.. ( it was under 100.00 before tax and shipping)..

#30 vav11238

vav11238
                  • 166 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

My party won't have GMs at all. I live in the UK where my FI is from and we didn't want to make any of his friends feel that they had to come. And he really isn't that close to that many guys anyway. So I'm having a jr bridesmaid (his daughter) and four bridesmaids (all my close friends) and my MOH matched up with his BM (whom he still hasn't chosen. we're waiting till we know who of his friends are actually coming). 

I'm also having three flower boys because my nephews are triplets and I want them involved (one may be the ring bearer, just not sure which).

It's our wedding and we're doing it our way. 

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

My wedding part is not evenly matched, i have one more BM than we do GM. but we don't care!w e would rather have an odd number of people that we care about and whom deserve to be there, than people we barely know...defeats the whole purpose of the meaning of them being in the bridal party.

I didn't pay for my girl's dresses, however as attendant gifts i bought them each a Coach Bag... so i think i made up for it! lol That and i didnt pick a really expensive dres.s.. ( it was under 100.00 before tax and shipping)..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users