Boarding Pass Save the Dates done!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

I completed my first DIY project and am so excited.  Thanks to Ayleebits template I was able to design my own boarding pass and thanks to work I was able to print and cut them.  My only investment was the paper, a corner punch and a perforating blade.  Now if my fiance will just give me his list of addresses.....

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#2 lshaef

• 170 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

They look great!!  I am in the process of working with my friend who is doing my templates for me for my invites ( I did a postcard for the STD).  What type of paper did you use for the tickets and the jacket and where did you buy the paper? 

#3 DeAngelis2be

• 349 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

I was thinking about doing the boarding pass for my STD or invite. They came out great! Please let us know details of how you DIY. My brother is a printer and I have a couple of GD friends that could help me make this. Thanks for sharing!

#4 skadow

• Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

They look great! Congrats...so work all the hard work.

#5 JaimeCF2BR

• 408 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

These look great!  That was the template I was originally going to use, so I was so interested to see how they turned out. 

Turns out I didnt have the patience for DIY, so had to pay for my invites :(

Congrats...they look great!

#6 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

Thanks everyone!

The Ayleebits template had some good instructions on how to insert images and such.  I'm not very good with Word so it was a lot of trial and error.  I did Yahoo searches for images and found that map which was exactly what I wanted.  Luckily I have some free time so it was OK, but it is definitely a time consuming process.  And I'd definitely recommend a good paper cutter.

I used 80 lb card stock for the tickets which my fiance actually had at his office.  For the jackets I drove myself crazy.  I really wanted turquoise and I couldn't find it anywhere - art stores, craft stores, paper/invitation stores, office supply stores - I went all over the city. They all had card stock in aqua or other shades of blue but not turquoise.  I finally found some at Michael's but they only had about 10 sheets.  So I finally said, this is ridiculous-they are only the STD, not the invites.  I ended up using regular colored paper from Office Depot.  And actually Aylee's instructions said to use 24 lb paper anyway. 

When it comes to invite time, I'm doing the passport ones but I think I'll have those done professionally.  This was fun and rewarding, but I know my limits.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#7 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

I wanted to DIY my boarding pass STD's but just could not figure it out! You did a great job! Congrats

#8 lshaef

• 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for sharing your paper info.  I am driving myself nuts looking for paper online.  Just ordered some samples so hope they come soon!

#9 kimberly333

• 283 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Your invites look great...and didto with trying to get addresses from FI LOL...

#10 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

They look great. Wonderful job

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users