• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 zelda062

• 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Does anyone have an actual rehersal, or just a rehersal (welcome) dinner?

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#2 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

In the UK we don't have rehearsal dinners, but we are having a rehearsal of the ceremony. We're getting married in a church and I want to know where I have to stand etc! I've never been part of a bridal party before so I have no idea! I expect that, in a more informal setting, you could just meet with the officiant and they could talk you through the ceremony.

#3 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

We had an actual rehearsal the day before the wedding at the wedding site.  Just a quick overview of the order of entrance and who should stand/sit where once they are done walking down the aisle.  It was about 1/2 hour or so but definitely worth it since everyone knows exactly what to do on the wedding day.

#4 Susan'n'Dean

• 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

I think we are having an actual rehearsal, well i hope so anyway lol. I might need one just to calm my nerves. We are on the Tuesday and marry on the Friday so fingers crossed they fit one in between for us.

#5 cgeris

• 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

our WC has said we can have a rehearsal at the spot (on the beach!) where our wedding will be the day before.  We're going to do a quick runthrough and then head to the rehearsal/welcome dinner!

#6 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:38 AM

We're doing the rehearsal too.  We have to pay the officiant an extra fee but I think it will be worth it to just walk through the basics and calm my nerves.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#7 chell44

• 202 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

I'll be doing my own rehearsal with just the wedding party and the moms/dads. my wedding planner said they don't do them because the ceremony is so short it's not needed

#8 islandbride8

• 315 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

We are doing our own rehersal the night before.  We are just walking through things ourselves and have arranged to have dinner for all of our guests in one of the resort restaurants.  I think it's a great idea, just to have something "planned" that everyone can participate in. A lot of our guests are arriving to the resort before us, so this will be our opportunity to greet everyone!

#9 amandasalways

• 150 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

I am going to do welcome drinks on the day that people arrive, our wedding is only 2 days later so I dont think we really have time to do a rehersal. I am really easy going, so I figure it will all work out, and if not we will just have to make it work out, haha.

#10 karyan

• 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

I agree with you amandasalways, we're doing welcome drinks before hand but are staying low key the day before :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users