Including a non-bridesmaid but good friend

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AngelaVaradero

AngelaVaradero
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have a good friend that I"m not including in our wedding party, but I'd like to include her in some way, aside from the typical readings as we won't be doing readings.

Any suggestions??

#2 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
    • 265 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

I'm not sure of how big your wedding will be but can you use her as a host, Like you would have back at home. Or if that doesnt work maybe just let her get ready with you and the bridal party and she can feel included. Hope this helps a little.

#3 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

deleted

#4 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
        • 284 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Hi ladies,

my FI's sister recently got married and I wasn't a bridesmaid but she wanted to include me and what she did for me will be the same thing I do for her and the other sister.  What she did to make me feel included was to invite me to everything the bridesmaids did.  I went to the bridal brunch, the bachelorette party, the bridal shower, and I was there while they were getting dressed.  She also included me in a few pictures with the girls and with the family - my FI and our daughter, along with her immediate family.

she didn't want to insult me by having me be a host because I was too old for that, so instead, she included me in other ways.

Hope this helps.

#5 AngelaVaradero

AngelaVaradero
          • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone, this definitely helps - I suppose the key thing is to make her feel appreciated!

#6 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
            • 451 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

I'm having one of my good girlfriend who isn't a BM do a reading in the wedding. I thought it would be a good way to have her take part of our important day. I

#7 asimpler

asimpler
              • Banned
              • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

Give her a special role in helping your get ready for the ceremony.  This would probably work as long as you didn't want her to be up front and visible in some role.  She may feel more connected and appreciated if she is in a special helping role on your big day.

#8 gmaurinm

gmaurinm
                • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

Is she good with people or funny? mc at the reception might work!

#9 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

I like the idea of including her in everything you do with the bridesmaids.  She could also be an usherette.

#10 coones

coones
                  • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I already have four girls who are my bridesmaids and i have three more that I would really like to have.  My FI also has several other friends he would really like to include too.  Since we only have 35ish guest attending the DW, we didn't want the majority of the guest standing up under the gazebo.  So we decided to invite them and include them in everything else the bridal party was doing.  I think we are even going to get them the same gifts we get the bridal party. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users