Who is Paying for Your Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

this is kind of personal so if you don't want to answer i totally understand!

#2 JulieG

• VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

We are. I think my parents will give us money as a gift, but we are not counting on money from anyone. FH has no idea what his parents will give us, so we are just paying for everything ourselves and if we get money as a gift, it will go towards paying off our credit cards.

#3 royfa

• 2,201 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
        this is kind of personal so if you don't want to answer i totally understand!

We are paying for the wedding! I think my dad will give me money as a gift but for the others, I don't know.
        Fannie & Pierre

#4 bride_2_b08

• 244 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

My parents gave us $10,000 towards the wedding (their 1 week stay came out of this) anything over this we are paying for. So far we are up to $8,200 that we have paid for. So much for not going over $10,000 lol. I keep seeing things on the forum and my budget keeps rising.

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

we paid for our DW because we wanted to do what we wanted to do without having anyone give us their opnion...that being said, after we planned everything DH's parents insited on paying for the photographer and really would have given us more $$ for the wedding if we wanted.

my parents paid for the AHR.

we are both really lucky...we have 2 sets of very generous parents but also make enough so that we didnt need to ask them for anything.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

my parents each (they are divorced) gave us just over 10k (please understand we had 150 people at my wedding), but I am an only child and we gave them almost two years to save.
          we paid for our honeymoon, rings, and a lot of my DIY projects. I probably spent about 6k myself
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:20 PM

paul and i paid for everything ourselves - we were lucky enough to be able to do so.

#8 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

My parents are giving us 6K and we are roughly figuring on paying 10K ourselves but every day I see that figure rise a little more. I don't figure on it being too much more though.
              Happily married since 2008

#9 SarahMc

• 146 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:31 PM

James and I planned on paying for everything ourselves, but my parents ended up giving us around 5,000 and paid for my dress, veil and flower girl's dress. His didn't contribute at all - which was fine. We weren't expecting anyone too since they were paying to go down there. It was really helpful to get the gift from my parents though, as we went way over my original 5k budget :o)
                Sarah & James
                Dreams Los Cabos
                June 28, 2007

#10 1elephant

• VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

my parents gave us $10k and his gave us $3k...well...all that is pretty much gone after travel for us ($6000 - we're flying 1st), the wedding package and the photographer...we're paying any little things (OOT bag stuff, STDs, invites, material for DIY projects) as well as our clothes, wedding bands (got a quote of $5k!!!!!!!!INSANE!!!), dj, and travel for 1 BM and 1 GM...my parents also paid for my sis to travel, which was nice b/c she's paying for my whole shower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users