Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#541 airica26

airica26
  • Newbie
  • 51 posts

    Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

    Hi Ladies,

     

    Fellow Canadian here. Getting married next year in Mexico. All I have to say is thank god most of my relatives live on US border cities or people would flip at the cost of flying out of Canada. Simply ridiculous how much more it is to get out of Toronto then Detroit.


    Resort and wedding day booked. Here we go.


    #542 Grace-Adrian

    Grace-Adrian
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

      Hello Ladies,

       

      My names is Victoria and I am from the Guelph, Ontario area.

      We have confirmed April 18th 2013 for our date, ceremony at 4pm on the beach and we have picked the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for our resort.

      I am so glad I have found this forum, it is full of so many great ideas!



      #543 gina24

      gina24
      • Site Supporter
      • 15 posts

        Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

        Hi Everyone, I'm from Toronto, Ontario and getting married Jan 2013 at Ocean Blue & Sand.  Love this site. Happy planning!!  



        #544 Dominican Ally

        Dominican Ally
        • Jr. Member
        • 400 posts

          Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

          Congrats! There's a thread on this site for Ocean Blue brides, as well as on facebook :)


          I'm getting married there April 11, 2013! Can't wait!

          Originally Posted by gina24 

          Hi Everyone, I'm from Toronto, Ontario and getting married Jan 2013 at Ocean Blue & Sand.  Love this site. Happy planning!!  



           


          Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

          49 Guests booked, and counting...


          #545 gina24

          gina24
          • Site Supporter
          • 15 posts

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

            Thanks!  I will definitely check it out.  :)

            Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

            Congrats! There's a thread on this site for Ocean Blue brides, as well as on facebook :)


            I'm getting married there April 11, 2013! Can't wait!



             



             



            #546 principessa

            principessa
            • Jr. Member
            • 219 posts

              Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

              Welcome to the new Canadian girls :)



              #547 crystalwaterwed

              crystalwaterwed
              • Banned
              • 47 posts

                Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

                Welcome to the forum Canadian Newbies!  It's great to see so many Canadian Brides taking advantage of this awesome site.  Victoria you will love the Majestic Colonial it's on a beautiful beach for a wedding they have a really nice Gazebo if you plan a garden wedding.  The food was really good, the rooms where nice and modern and the service was great.  Happy Planning everyone!

                Victoria @ Crystal Water Weddings.



                #548 soonCB

                soonCB
                • Jr. Member
                • 264 posts

                  Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:40 PM


                  I am also new to the forum and have found it very helpful so far! We are also from Winnipeg, but we are getting married in Jamaica. Trying to narrow things down between Negril and Ocho Rios. We are doing an off resort weddin and waitng for some quotes to come in. Is anyone else doing off resort? Is anyone using a wedding planner?

                   

                  Amandanjordan- the prices we have been gettinf for Jamaica have been between $1800 and $2400pp all inclusive. It all depends on the resort.

                  Originally Posted by amandanjordan 

                  Hi girls,

                   

                  I'm from Manitoba getting married in February of 2014.  Yep, I know it's soooo far off.  lol

                   

                  I'm looking in the mayan riviera and the Azul Sensatori has looked the best to me so far.

                   

                  What kind of prices are you girls getting so far.  Seems like anywhere from 1700 to 2000??

                   

                   



                   



                  #549 airica26

                  airica26
                  • Newbie
                  • 51 posts

                    Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

                    Hey Amanda,

                     

                    I was quite shocked at the cost. I guess I thought it would be around $1500 to $1800 max but for a good resort it seems to be closer to $1800 plus. My TA told me flight prices are going up May 2012 so this could be the issue. There are resorts you can go to that will be closer to $1500 but they will be far inferior and I figured might as well get people to pay $200-300 more for a much better resort.

                     

                    I am getting married at Moon Palace (Cancun) in 2013 and it seems to be running between $1800 and $1900 but it is an easy sell to guests because they have a $1500 resort credit promotion. Maybe finding something like that will make you feel at ease about the high cost.

                     


                     

                    Originally Posted by soonCB 


                    I am also new to the forum and have found it very helpful so far! We are also from Winnipeg, but we are getting married in Jamaica. Trying to narrow things down between Negril and Ocho Rios. We are doing an off resort weddin and waitng for some quotes to come in. Is anyone else doing off resort? Is anyone using a wedding planner?

                     

                    Amandanjordan- the prices we have been gettinf for Jamaica have been between $1800 and $2400pp all inclusive. It all depends on the resort.



                     



                     



                    Originally Posted by amandanjordan 

                    Hi girls,

                     

                    I'm from Manitoba getting married in February of 2014.  Yep, I know it's soooo far off.  lol

                     

                    I'm looking in the mayan riviera and the Azul Sensatori has looked the best to me so far.

                     

                    What kind of prices are you girls getting so far.  Seems like anywhere from 1700 to 2000??

                     

                     



                     


                    Resort and wedding day booked. Here we go.


                    #550 tesharae

                    tesharae
                    • Newbie
                    • 17 posts

                      Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

                      Hello! I am also from Winnipeg, originally wanted Barcelo Palace but couldn't have my guests pay the price they were asking. My FI and I had previously been to the Grand Sirenis on vacation a few years ago and we LOVED it. We have since decided to go back for our wedding March 2013, and the price we received for our guests is amazing. We have family all across Canada and friends in Minneapolis, the price range is from $1360-$1415, taxes in. Single room rate is only $100 more!  Highly suggest it for anyone who is unsure!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users