Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#421 Melly81

Melly81
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:48 AM

What about at a party supply store (Party Mart, Party Packagers....)?  I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if they have some there.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Do any of you Ottawa ladies know where I can find battery operated tea lights in colours OTHER THAN WHITE? I found them online but I feel don't want to pay shipping on six little candles so I was hoping to find them locally. I got lots of white ones hoping I could wrap a few in coloured cellophane to change the colour but that didn't work so well. No luck at Michael's, Walmart or Dollarama so far.....

#422 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:51 AM

I checked the party mart website and it didn't have any but I will have to go look in person to be sure.

Originally Posted by Melly81 

What about at a party supply store (Party Mart, Party Packagers....)?  I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if they have some there.

Good luck!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#423 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

I was at Dollarama at Trainyards yesterday and they had some flower shaped ones in different colors. The basic round ones were all white. there were a few in a pack for a dollar of the flower ones.

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#424 kat2012

kat2012
        • 602 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

What colours are you looking for? I am sure you will be able to find red or green pretty soon....

Do any of you Ottawa ladies know where I can find battery operated tea lights in colours OTHER THAN WHITE? I found them online but I feel don't want to pay shipping on six little candles so I was hoping to find them locally. I got lots of white ones hoping I could wrap a few in coloured cellophane to change the colour but that didn't work so well. No luck at Michael's, Walmart or Dollarama so far.....

#425 kymish

kymish
          • 163 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I will keep my eyes peeled for the light for you ! i am doing some online / instore hunting of my own this week !!

#426 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
            • 191 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Thanks! I'm looking for turquoise or teal and green.

Originally Posted by kymish 

I will keep my eyes peeled for the light for you ! i am doing some online / instore hunting of my own this week !!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#427 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
              • 191 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Well we've been a quiet group for the past week ladies. How's everyone's planning going? There were a couple of big wedding shows last weekend, (Ottawa and Montreal) did anyone attend and get some fantastic ideas? As for me my hunt for the blue and green tealights is over, I found them on ebay for less than a dollar a piece and the guy threw in the shipping for free. Woohoo! Love a deal! Next task is getting all our legal stuff in order: long-form birth certificates and notarized copies of our passports. What does everyone else have on the go?

#428 kat2012

kat2012
                • 602 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

When we were getting our documents done, we did not have to get our long birth certificates. Just a regular short one. And we did not need any passports too. i find it is quite weird since we are getting married in Jamaica too.

Well we've been a quiet group for the past week ladies. How's everyone's planning going? There were a couple of big wedding shows last weekend, (Ottawa and Montreal) did anyone attend and get some fantastic ideas? As for me my hunt for the blue and green tealights is over, I found them on ebay for less than a dollar a piece and the guy threw in the shipping for free. Woohoo! Love a deal! Next task is getting all our legal stuff in order: long-form birth certificates and notarized copies of our passports. What does everyone else have on the go?

#429 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
                  • 190 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

Thanks!!

Super Excited,

Laurie

#430 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                    • 423 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Sorry can't help you, but welcome to the Forum!

You will find a wealth of information here!

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

Thanks!!

Super Excited,

Laurie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users