Photo

Who is walking you down the aisle? Is it ok to choose no one?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 LChavez

LChavez
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

I'm walking with my dad. I adore him and I wouldn't want it any other way. However, if you don't feel the same way about your dad walking you down, it's your wedding and I think you should do what feels best for you.

#32 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
    • 204 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

I had my youngest (13) and my oldest (27) brothers walk me down the aisle. I loved it. And the pictures look really sweet.

#33 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
      • 235 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'm looking forward to my Dad walking me down the aisle. I do understand why you want to walk alone and I think you should. Just state what you want to do and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. I think its great when the bride is just standing there by herself walking down the aisle, the pictures are great! Good luck!
        ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#34 atrott

atrott
        • 208 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

We haven't positively decided yet but FI & I talked about walking down the aisle together. This is the 2nd marriage for both of us so we're not interested in being completely traditional. I fly by the seat of my pants so much, it's entirely possible I may go by myself too. To each her own!

#35 hzak1203

hzak1203
          • 177 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

My son is walking me down the aisle and my step dad who has been more of a father to me was totally understanding. He still gets to dance with me at the reception, so it's all good.  I say do what you want! I have seen a lot of couples walking together down the aisle which is very sweet:)

#36 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
            • 218 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Walk down by youself!  There's nothing wrong with that.

#37 gabishort34

gabishort34
              • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

If you dont want your dad to walk you down the isle, you dont have to! I think that this is your wedding and as long as you imagine and dreamed it, you can do what you want and do things how you want to do it! I would just have a talk with him before hand and let him know why you choose this!

#38 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
                • 193 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

My dad was killed in a car accident in Feb 2009 so I originally planned to have my godfather walk me down the aisle. I think I will ask my uncle though because I think he would be offended if I didn't ask him and he's my favorite uncle as well. Either one would make me happy if they walked me down the aisle.

#39 gabishort34

gabishort34
                  • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear that bizzyangel. To have another male family member (uncle, brother, grandfather) walk you down the isle is wonderful! 

#40 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                    • 710 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

My 13 yr old son is walking me down the aisle. I haven't seen my dad in years for he's been MIA. I think it's different and would look cute. However, I really didn't think anyone could fill the shoes better than my son can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users