Sign in to follow this  
elizabethrodriguez314

help! what are the normal itenary when doing a destination wedding?

We are throwing a "welcome dinner" and then the ceremony the next day. In our packet we are putting activities to do (skiing, inner tubing, snow shoeing) but that's about it...Do what YOU want. It's your day.

Question....if I did a welcome dinner at the all-inclusive resort, our guests would have to use one of their 4 a la carte dinners. Is that okay or tacky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenK View Post
Question....if I did a welcome dinner at the all-inclusive resort, our guests would have to use one of their 4 a la carte dinners. Is that okay or tacky?
I didn't have my wedding at an AI but as a guest, I would feel funny being invited to a party where I was the one paying for myself.. But this is very common so perhaps order something "extra" for the guests that they would typically not get or hire a musician or a show. Just something so it's not them just coming and eating the food that they themselves are paying for..

I think we are planning to have a bonfire or something the night before the wedding or everyone go to dinner. We are also planning a dinner the night before we leave to thank everyone etc.

Its really up to you what you want to do - thats the beauty of a DW!

i love this idea =)

Originally Posted by katelynn View Post

I think we are planning to have a bonfire or something the night before the wedding or everyone go to dinner. We are also planning a dinner the night before we leave to thank everyone etc.

Its really up to you what you want to do - thats the beauty of a DW!

I have started working on our itinerary.  Mostly I just want everyone to feel free to attend what they would like in the days before and after the wedding and have an amazing vacation in Key West.  But by providing some great suggestions and trips we will be able to spend more time with who attends them :).  All of our dinners and cocktail parties will be open for ALL our guests who RSVPs to them :), but if they would like make their own plans I will provide info on many restaurants and bars that we love in the area in their welcome packets as well as a email that I will send out prior to the wedding with any updated info for the wedding :).  I would be glad to share my itinerary with everyone once it is complete :).  With a destination wedding I don't think there is a wrong or right way to do things!!!   I picked a DW because it allowed me to make my own rules :)

My main Goal:   For our Friends and family to have a fun and memorable time celebrating our 1st journey as husband and wife :)

Lots of great ideas,  I was wondering too about rehersal dinners, etc being at an AI.  We are going to have a Welcome meet and greet at one of the resort bars the second night and then the stag/stagette the third night. Most of our friends are coming so we thought why not have our Stag/Stagette down there.  Just hope everyone recovers for the day of wedding cheesy.gif

We are going to have the welcome dinner (in place of rehearsal dinner), wedding, then after day brunch.  Anyone who is still staying is invited to come join us for skiing/snowboarding/lunch.  The lift tickets would be on them, the rest on us.

The only thing we planned as a group was the wedding itself and a welcome mixer the evening before the wedding.  This worked out well. Guests got together in small groups and met up for meals, excursions, beach/pool, bars.  No need to plan too much because you still have to finalize things for the wedding and you also want to enjoy your honeymoon!!