Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#691 ctpetch

ctpetch
  • Newbie
  • 130 posts

    Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by animaldoc
    I have a question about hair and makeup. How long does it usually take and what time would you suggest I make the appointment for, my wedding is at 3:30 and pics start at 2:30? I will have 2 bridesmaids having their hair fixed and MOG hair and makeup.

    Thanks,
    Jennifer
    Hey Jen. How's the planning going? Sounds like you are getting down to the end things. About the hair & make up. My sister and I went, it took about an hour. We had hair washed before going. They weren't crazy about our hair being damp before getting there though. Our ceremony was at 5 so I think I had my appointment for 1:30. It was plenty of time for us. I did my own make up and only had 30 minutes pre bridal photos. Again which was enough for us.

    #692 ctpetch

    ctpetch
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:44 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by animaldoc
      I have a question about hair and makeup. How long does it usually take and what time would you suggest I make the appointment for, my wedding is at 3:30 and pics start at 2:30? I will have 2 bridesmaids having their hair fixed and MOG hair and makeup.

      Thanks,
      Jennifer
      I would schedule for 11am or 12. I think they can do 3 or 4 people at one time. My sister and I did ours at the same time. They did a great job too. It was well worth the money. Just have an idea or photo and they will copy that. They do have magazines and books with ideas which we went the day before to look at. I ended up going with one I brought with me anyways. Best wishes and happy planning.

      #693 pryzeless

      pryzeless
      • Member
      • 614 posts

        Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ctpetch
        Just a suggestion on beach candles. They only burn 2 hrs. I would bring some extra ones so you will have them for your entire reception. You can buy a bag of them of 100 for $5. I wish we would of done that for our reception.
        Thanks for the info. Did you use the ones that EDR provided or did you bring your own?

        #694 animaldoc

        animaldoc
        • Newbie
        • 91 posts

          Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

          Thank you for the info, I think I am going to make the appointment for 11, which is probably too early, but I don't want to be running late. Tracy, the new coordinator said that the bridal party would be scheduled an hour apart from each other, I wonder why they won't schedule the bridal party at the same time as me.

          Jennifer

          #695 Kits55

          Kits55
          • Member
          • 607 posts
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

          Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ctpetch
          Just a suggestion on beach candles. They only burn 2 hrs. I would bring some extra ones so you will have them for your entire reception. You can buy a bag of them of 100 for $5. I wish we would of done that for our reception.
          Hi Ct: thanks for the tip! i am all about candles and glitter/sparkle for my reception. this is very good for me to know!

          #696 shannon

          shannon
          • Member
          • 772 posts

            Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:40 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by pryzeless
            I was just thinking about this too. My wedding is at 4:00pm and picts starting around 3:15. I was thinking about having the appt either at 12:30 or 1:00. I was thinking it would take about an hour and that leaves over an hour and a half to do other things like makeup. With some buffer. I hate running late and I am sure no everything is going to run in a timely manner so I am going to TRY to be patient and leave extra time. Any suggestions from the married?


            My wedding was at 4PM and we (my sister and I) had our hair appt at 12PM, and then they did my makeup afterwards.... I thought it was going to be way too early, and I'd be hanging out in my room trying not to mess up my hair and makeup and be aggravated I got it done too soon... I was wrong!

            I think I got back to my room around 2PM, my parents and sister came over to my room at 2:30PM, (to help me get dressed, do my jewerly, and just hang out) and the photog showed at 3:15PM....it was perfect timing- I didn't feel rushed, but I def didn't feel like I was just hanging out, waiting.....

            #697 shannon

            shannon
            • Member
            • 772 posts

              Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

              Oh yea-- I did the Pearl Sensation spa package that morning-- my spa appt was at 9:30AM-- from 9:30AM to 11AM, then I went back to the room, took a shower, washed my hair (they don't wash your hair at your hair appt), and grabbed a "shuttle" back to the spa for my hair/makeup appt... It was the perfect day-- to have the relaxing massage and facial that morning, and have my hair and makeup that afternoon-- it "filled" up my day- so I wasn't just sitting around, freaking out, but I didn't feel rushed.

              I DEF recommend a massage or spa treatment the morning of your wedding-- it was the perfect start to the perfect day! :)

              #698 ctpetch

              ctpetch
              • Newbie
              • 130 posts

                Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by pryzeless
                Thanks for the info. Did you use the ones that EDR provided or did you bring your own?
                I used the ones EDR provided. They were just white paper bags with sand in them for weight and the candles. I would definitely bring extra candles this way you will have the lighting all night. Wish I would of done that.

                #699 ctpetch

                ctpetch
                • Newbie
                • 130 posts

                  Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by animaldoc
                  Thank you for the info, I think I am going to make the appointment for 11, which is probably too early, but I don't want to be running late. Tracy, the new coordinator said that the bridal party would be scheduled an hour apart from each other, I wonder why they won't schedule the bridal party at the same time as me.

                  Jennifer
                  Jen I'm not sure about that with the scheduling. It was only myself and sister so it wasn't an issue. I actually had my TA schedule it for me. Heather from Berman took care of that for us.

                  #700 ctpetch

                  ctpetch
                  • Newbie
                  • 130 posts

                    Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kits55
                    Hi Ct: thanks for the tip! i am all about candles and glitter/sparkle for my reception. this is very good for me to know!
                    No problem. That what this is for. You get alot of great tips on things you don't think of. It can save you some money and help you be more organized in your planning. You really don't have to over do it either. All their weddings and set ups are beautiful..




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users