Originally Posted by Nicyx
OK ladies, Im starting to worry now.... I think its finally hit me this week, that i am actually getting married in 4 n half weeks, we leave 4 weeks today and now im panicing.....
1.) WC hasnt been intouch and they say 2-3 months before you go they do. I emailed her last Sun, still no reply.
2.) Make up, was going to do it myself, woke up dreaming of make up, had to phone my mum to have a wobble... SO im just going to get the resort to do it now... one less thing to think about ( i was worried the type of make up to buy, colour to buy as my face will be a different colour on wedding day, and scared id look no different and cant apply it propery and id panic which would get me hot which would cause my hair to frizz)
3.) We have NO music :-( I dont know where to start, EVERYTHING i like Stephen hates and vise versa AND we dont have "A SONG" like most people.
4.) What if Stephen hates the dress and he has something in his mind of how he wants me to kinda look and its nothing like it.
5.) Still got rsvp's for AHR outstanding, more need to reply than that have replied (if that makes sense)
6.) I havent managed to loose the weight i wanted
There is prob more which i will think of as soon as ive pressed submit no doubt, but im sure thats enough for now!!! Haha!!!!
Sorry I think i just needed to get it of my chest...
Thanks for being here girls, I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW what i would have done with out EACH AND EVERYONE of you over all this process...
I wish i could have you all at my wedding, We have all been through lots together and would be nice to share it all with you.... At least you have the pix to look at :-)
I often come on here and read what you ladies are doing and what stages you are all at but I had to reply to your post as honestly I went through absolutely every feeling you have listed.
1. I had some contact with the WC during the build up to the day but nothing about 2 months before I left I literally turned up at the hotel not knowing what to expect but as soon as we got to reception and checked in they knew we were getting married; treated us like royalty and the next day we had a note under the door from the WC confirming our meeting. They are just so laid back and honestly there is no need to stress. I didnt even know anything about times, what to say etc until it all took place - once you are there you wont worry.
2.You will look beautiful and Stephen will think so too he already thinks you are beautiful thats why hes marrying you. I did my own make up and was most worried about skin tone as obviously I was hoping to have a much browner face than I went with - I found the best foundation and its really cheap the Max Factor skin colour adapt foundation i got a darker shade than i would use at home and it blended perfectly. Also I get spots on my chin but remember the sun will make your skin perfect!!
3. We had no music until the week before we left as we too didnt have 'our' song - FI likes Robbie Williams as do I of course so knew if I chose an artist he liked he would agree to the first dance song which in the end was ' Only u know me'. Walking down the aisle I chose Elbow Beautiful Day - because I knew it would be!! What artists / groups does your FI like maybe we could think of some first dance suggestions?
4. He WILL NOT hate your dress - men only expect the woman they are marrying to be in white - they have no other expectations; to men a wedding dress is a wedding dress they dont give it much thought. However when he sees the dress you have picked he will think it is the most beautiful dress and will be etched in his memory forever as what a wedding dress is - your beautiful dress.
5. We had this problem with AHR rsvps as we needed to know final numbers before we left - even close family didnt reply until my husband got stroppy over it - then we had 20 more people turn up than we expected! Broadcast on FB and also email people and just say if your name is not on the list you cannot come and generally people do reply.
6. I lost about a stone over the course of a year then as I got married in January, Christmas was upon us I ate and drank for England and did when I was out in Mexico as well. So on the day I got married I weighed nearly the same as I did when I said I was gonna lose 2 stone - lol!! Wedding dresses have a great way of holding you in, everyone looks and feels more confident with a tan, and the whole of your wedding guests will see you in a bikini before you walk up the aisle.
Now my weddings over with I'm to put a pizza in the oven.