Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#2101 char79uk

char79uk
  • Jr. Member
  • 262 posts

    Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:45 AM


    I haven't been on for a few days and i've missed so much.

     

     



    Oh Josie, i can't believe that I missed you, your post brought tears to my eyes...enjoy every minute, i can't wait to read your review when your a MRS xx


    Originally Posted by waybuloo 

    OMG Good Luck Josie........so excited for you & we must all be sensitive bride to be's because your post brought a tear to my eye too.  Enjoy every minute & can't wait for your review xxxx

     

    Paid off our final amount today...WOOHOO!!!!  So if all else fails I have my dress & our holiday is paid for!!!! Feel a bit relieved now......just got to sort all the little bits.

     

    I also brought the new Kerry Katona DVD.....what a pile of s***!!!!   She looks nothing like she looked in this weeks OK....definitely airbrushed to within an inch of her in that mag!!!! & the dvd was boring.....don't waste your money girls on this one if you were thinking of getting a dvd.  I still swear by my Natalie Cassidy one.....lost 4lb last week, was amazed....hope I lose again this week....fingers crossed!!

     

    Congratualtions on making your final payment...it's so exciting.  Well done on the weight loss x
     


     

    Originally Posted by janapana 

    hiya girls, sneaked on here while my HUSBAND is minding the kids. if josie hasn't left yet, you need to bring a cardi, it's cold at night!

     

    so i am safely married..... just about,

    honestly you could send a copy of our wedding video to you've been framed!

     

    if i can give you one word of advice it would be.... take control, leave nothing to chance. (also do not take your two year old son to your wedding!)

     

    i'll fill you in on the details later, but i had a great day, was loads of fun, but it's lucky i've got a sense of humour!

     

    to start off with it pissed it down torrentially so they moved the location to the chapel in the palace across the road. that was lovely.

     

    my in laws were in charge of jacob who had the rings. Jacob had a tantrum and LOST MY WEDDING RING, so i had to get married with my e ring and jacob screaming blue murder  in the background. in all the photos ants is holding jacob so it looks like i'm marrying my son.

    like i say, lucky i can laugh about it. (and they found my wedding ring later.)

     

    see you all in a week or so. 

     

    love joxx


    Congratualtions Jo, your wedding sounds very eventful, i don't know how you manage to stay so calm...enjoy the rest of you're honeymoon, can't wait to ready your review. xx



    Originally Posted by michelle2011 

    Lovely Nicy x Can't wait to see the shot glasses too :o)

     

    Well we have been busy. We went and got my ring today :o) love love love it!!!!!!!!!

     

    I dont know if i've shown you the cake my sister is making us for our AHR either but here it is again.. we are going to put those sparkly initials on the top that you can get :o)

     

    I also got a new tiara which goes with my dress and jewellery better and i love it too... Feeling so excited now!!

     

    extravagant-beauty-side-tiara_1683[1].jpg2705623929_5dbed735d7[1].jpg

     

     

     

     

    SDC11003.JPG



    Michelle, I LOVE your wedding ring, it is gorgeous and the tiara is so pretty x


    xxx Charmaine xxx

    #2102 char79uk

    char79uk
    • Jr. Member
    • 262 posts

      Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

      Just to update you lovely ladies.

       

      I found my dress today, it's 'the one' i knew it as soon as i put it on, the lady asked me if i could see myself getting married in it and i just burst in to tears and said YES.  My mum was with me and we put a deposit down as they were offering 20% discount on the dress and half price alterations...it is so beautiful, nothing like i would have chosen before, i can't believe i've found her.  I've cancelled all my appointments at other shops now because I don't need to look anymore. 

       

      The only thing is it's from Berketex and the picture they've got on their website is awful, it looks nothing like my dress, i almost didn't recognise it.  i've tried searching the designer Marc Le Carr and he's exclusive to Berketex so doesn't have a website or any pictures....arrrggghhh, i'll keep looking though.

       

      we also got the quote for the catering at the golf club and he's only going to charge us £30/head for a 3 course plated meal, which is fantastic because we were getting quotes for £38-£45 for a buffet, £45-£60 for a plated meal.

       

      Ooooh i am so excited i could scream!!


      xxx Charmaine xxx

      #2103 Nicyx

      Nicyx
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,914 posts

        Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

        Thats great news Char :-) No feeling quite like it when youve found the right dress is there :-) Berketex dresses are lovely x CANT wait to see x

         

        And fantastic news on on your caterers too.... Thats brilliant x

         

        We are in talks at the mo of just having something small here when we get back... wont be hiring a fancy hotel or anyting just a wee place nr to home to get everyone together :-) Watch this space x



        #2104 waybuloo

        waybuloo
        • Jr. Member
        • 306 posts

          Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

          Hi Ladies!!!!

           

          Michelle your ring is so beautiful......really pretty....eeek!!!! Every so often I get a big feeling in my tummy & get so excited!!!!  I am also dreading Harrison kicking off on the day.....he is so daddy sick as well I can imagine getting married with him in Richards arms!!!!

           

          Jo - Can't wait to hear the full story on your wedding!!  I think I would've had a complete meltdown!!  but as someone else said at least your day will be memorable :)

           

          Nicy we are the same on a AHR, we weren't going to do one due to finances but now I really want to show off my dress to all those that aren't coming so might look for somewhere local & see what we come up with.

           

          Char - As I said on FB so happy for you, it is the best feeling when you have found the one!!  & great news on the caterers.

           

          Well have just found out that as Richard has had his name changed back to his mums maiden name by deed poll we have to have his birth certificate & deed poll certificate stamped by the foreign office £59 & then translated into spanish £231!!  Another expense........I go from feeling excited to nervous about where all the money is coming from.......still got so much to buy & thats without spending money, I know its all inclusive but we still want to do some trips etc

           

          On a plus more & more people seem to have decided to come with us since the New Year & up to today we have 48 booked!!!!  Which I can't believe, so many people wanting to spend our day with us is lovely



          #2105 michelle2011

          michelle2011
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,301 posts

            Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

            Thanks for the lovely comments girls :o)

             

            Charmaine OMG you found 'the one' whoop whoop can't wait to see it. I can't believe it was a yr ago i found my dress. I was an egar beaver wasn't i, lol... can't wait to go and try it on again next month! You were very lucky with the discount. Sounds like your plans are just seemlessly coming along nicely now. So happy for you :o)

             

            Nicy - i think having a small get together and not a big AHR is a lovely idea. Plus you get to wear your dress again ;o) any excuse ah? lol... If we weren't doing our AHR (which is turning out to be costing a small fortune might i add) i think i would of had a small garden party when we got home. It will be lovely for you girls to show off your pic's and tell your wedding storeys to everyone back home :o)

             

            We fly back into the UK early hours on the wednesday morning and FI is going on a golf weekend on the FRIDAY!!!! What a jammy sod he is, ha ha... so i will be left to sort out the last bits of our AHR before we have it the following weekend!!!

             

            We had a chat about wedding gifts last night and have decided as we have SO much to pay out for in the coming months not to add to the stress of it. So we said we will book a weekend away after the wedding is over (just us NO kids) and that be our wedding gift to each other. Neither of us really need any jewellery etc and havent got the spare cash at the mo so thought it a good idea to do that instead :o)

             

            A little MIL rant now.... my cow of a MIL which i have hardly anything to do with now thank god.... was SO pathetic yesterday... she works in the jewellers i got my wedding ring... so we went to collect it yesterday and she said to FI you need to sign this receipt. So FI said oh let Michelle do it, it's her ring so she snached the receipt back and said NO!! It has to be signed 'Page' (FI surname) so you do it....... I just smiled and said YES you do it Dan..... its only 4months and I'LL be a PAGE!!!!!!! Oh she is a witch!! Prob doesn't sound that bad but it was the way it was done..... silly old bag!!  End of rant over and out  xx

            Attached Files



            #2106 samcalv1

            samcalv1
            • Jr. Member
            • 300 posts

              Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

              Janapana - What a story for your wedding day!!!!! Your day sounded eventful and wonderful x

               

              Nicy - The comb looks lovely good luck with your hair trial. :-)

               

              Michelle - Your ring is beautiful very similar to the one I have in mind and the cake yum yum :-)  Know how you feel re: MIL, mine is ok but my future sister-in-law is driving me nuts grrrr......



              #2107 *lyndsey*

              *lyndsey*
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

                hey michelle,

                your ring is beautiful!! really lovely. so is your hairband/tiara. x



                #2108 Sallee

                Sallee
                • Jr. Member
                • 255 posts

                  Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

                  Ladies I love this UK thread.

                   

                  Michelle your ring is beautiful

                   

                  Char cant wait to see your dress !!

                   

                  I have 8 weeks to go woop woop !!



                  #2109 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:02 AM



                    Originally Posted by waybuloo 

                    Nicy we are the same on a AHR, we weren't going to do one due to finances but now I really want to show off my dress to all those that aren't coming so might look for somewhere local & see what we come up with.


                    Well have just found out that as Richard has had his name changed back to his mums maiden name by deed poll we have to have his birth certificate & deed poll certificate stamped by the foreign office £59 & then translated into spanish £231!!  Another expense........I go from feeling excited to nervous about where all the money is coming from.......still got so much to buy & thats without spending money, I know its all inclusive but we still want to do some trips etc

                     

                    On a plus more & more people seem to have decided to come with us since the New Year & up to today we have 48 booked!!!!  Which I can't believe, so many people wanting to spend our day with us is lovely

                     

                    Great that you have 48 booked so far, thats brilliant.... i really wish we had lots coming :-) You must be so happy...

                     

                    Cant believe it costs that much to get it translated.... fair enough a charge but that is rediculas!!! and £59 for a stamp.... scandales!!! definatly cost you dont need on top of everything else!!! :(

                     

                    Yeah, definatly something small... i said to my mum yesterday if loads were coming to Mexico i might not bother but we also cant afford anything expensive.
                     

                         Quote:

                    Originally Posted by samcalv1 

                    Nicy - The comb looks lovely good luck with your hair trial. :-)

                     


                    Thanks very much x

                     



                    Originally Posted by michelle2011 

                     

                    Nicy - i think having a small get together and not a big AHR is a lovely idea. Plus you get to wear your dress again ;o) any excuse ah? lol... If we weren't doing our AHR (which is turning out to be costing a small fortune might i add) i think i would of had a small garden party when we got home. It will be lovely for you girls to show off your pic's and tell your wedding storeys to everyone back home :o)

                     

                    We fly back into the UK early hours on the wednesday morning and FI is going on a golf weekend on the FRIDAY!!!! What a jammy sod he is, ha ha... so i will be left to sort out the last bits of our AHR before we have it the following weekend!!!

                     

                    We had a chat about wedding gifts last night and have decided as we have SO much to pay out for in the coming months not to add to the stress of it. So we said we will book a weekend away after the wedding is over (just us NO kids) and that be our wedding gift to each other. Neither of us really need any jewellery etc and havent got the spare cash at the mo so thought it a good idea to do that instead :o)

                     

                    A little MIL rant now.... my cow of a MIL which i have hardly anything to do with now thank god.... was SO pathetic yesterday... she works in the jewellers i got my wedding ring... so we went to collect it yesterday and she said to FI you need to sign this receipt. So FI said oh let Michelle do it, it's her ring so she snached the receipt back and said NO!! It has to be signed 'Page' (FI surname) so you do it....... I just smiled and said YES you do it Dan..... its only 4months and I'LL be a PAGE!!!!!!! Oh she is a witch!! Prob doesn't sound that bad but it was the way it was done..... silly old bag!!  End of rant over and out  xx


                    Lucky Dan... haha :-) He's got that right hasnt he!!! LOL, Your weekend away is a brilliant idea though... will be lovely to go away for a weekend as "husband & wife" alone as the whirlwind you'll have with Mexico and the AHR you'll both need it :-) x

                     

                    Definatly wear my dress again.... (any excuse) :-) LOL

                     

                    Your MIL is so sly.... good on you though getting in there with the "in 4 months time" comment i bet she was seathing!!!!! :) x

                     

                    xox



                    #2110 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:03 AM



                      Originally Posted by Sallee 

                      Ladies I love this UK thread.

                       

                      Michelle your ring is beautiful

                       

                      Char cant wait to see your dress !!

                       

                      I have 8 weeks to go woop woop !!



                      OMG 8 weeks... it will fly by!!!! ARGH!!! are you all set? x






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users