Photo

Any 2012 brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#141 Ashmagoo

Ashmagoo
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi Everyone! I just got engaged on Saturday and I am SO excited to start planning! We are hoping for a May 2012 wedding in Punta Cana. I'm sitting here and looking at all of the incredible information on this site, and to be honest I'm a little overwhelmed! At first I was set on either Dreams Palm Beach or Majestic Elegance, but I'm starting to second guess myself because of all the options there are! I'm hoping someone will have some advice for me!

The ME doesn't offer a private reception as part of a wedding package, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much to expect to pay for one? I think we will be having between 20-40 guests.

Also, I was looking for a resort that might have a beach gazebo. Does anyone know of one? I know there are mostly garden gazebos and then the beach setup, but I've seen some beach gazebos in magazines and was hoping a resort in Punta Cana would offer one.

If anyone has any advice or can even just give me some tips on how to even get started I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :)

#142 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Congrats Ashmagoo & Happy Planning!

This site is full of great information!  Look for threads started for May 2012 Brides, and Punta Cana Brides. With the latter you will be able to get more specific information for those brides or brides to be regarding locations.

Originally Posted by Ashmagoo 

Hi Everyone! I just got engaged on Saturday and I am SO excited to start planning! We are hoping for a May 2012 wedding in Punta Cana. I'm sitting here and looking at all of the incredible information on this site, and to be honest I'm a little overwhelmed! At first I was set on either Dreams Palm Beach or Majestic Elegance, but I'm starting to second guess myself because of all the options there are! I'm hoping someone will have some advice for me!

The ME doesn't offer a private reception as part of a wedding package, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much to expect to pay for one? I think we will be having between 20-40 guests.

Also, I was looking for a resort that might have a beach gazebo. Does anyone know of one? I know there are mostly garden gazebos and then the beach setup, but I've seen some beach gazebos in magazines and was hoping a resort in Punta Cana would offer one.

If anyone has any advice or can even just give me some tips on how to even get started I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance :)

#143 Andreanna

Andreanna
      • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Dreams La Romana has a garden gazebo that overlooks the beach and ocean, if that helps?

#144 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Try to search for Beach Gazebo or something like that. Sorry I cant remember exactly what it was.  I came across the thread before and a lot of ladies posted pictures of several resort gazebos. It had great info on it. Good luck & congrats!!

#145 krsmith

krsmith
          • 528 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Congrats Ladies!

I don't know how I haven't made it into this thread yet! Well better late than never! We will make 2012 the BEST year! Ha ha! My FI and I are getting married at Moon Palace Valentines day 2012! We are SOOO excited! But I can't believe we are under a year away now! Its going by so fast!

Happy Planning!!!! 

#146 bride5656

bride5656
            • 338 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hello ladies!!! :)))

I have accidentally came across this thread and thought will contribute too! :D I am 2012 bride as well, yay, so happy that i am not alone lol :Dx

Me and my fiance are getting married 6th March, 2012 in Dreams La Romana, Dominican republic :))) Soooo excited and really cant wait...its already less then a year left and sooo much to do still...!!!

Happy planing everyone and congrats to all of you :))

xoxo

#147 Nan

Nan
              • 599 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Amelie-Mellow 

Loving the amazing advice on the forum- but I feel like I am the only one with a super long engagement... I am hoping there are other brides on this forum getting married in 2012.

Josh and I are getting married on February 11, 2012

Hope I wont be the 2012 lone-wolf for long.

:)

Amelie:

Congratz on your engagement! You are just in time to plan the best of weddings! I´m getting married next May and I started planning long time ago and time flies! I can´t believe my special day is only two months away!!!  

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#148 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Calling all Moon Palace Brides!!

Ladies look up this thread and place your wedding date there.  This will help us to find out who is going to be at MP on or around the time that we get married.

#149 jenthony

jenthony
                  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi Kristyndaniel,

My fiance and I are also from Toronto and getting married 2012. The first steps we took was booking the ceremony date. We are booked for May 12th at Riu Palace PC!!! We've sent out or Save the Dates last week already :) Have you contacted that travel agent yet that ashleyandryan used? I may want to contact her too if she's in Toronto. 

Originally Posted by Kristyndaniel 

awsome,thanks so much i will for sure look into her and what she has to offer

#150 jenthony

jenthony
                    • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi kristyndaniel,

My FI and also planning our wedding next year at RIU palace may. We have our date booked with the resort already and just sent out the STD cards last week!!! I think right now booking the ceremony is important to book the priest or minister. Did you contact that travel agent Linda that was suggested to you? We are also looking for great deals and are from toronto :)

Originally Posted by Kristyndaniel 

awsome,thanks so much i will for sure look into her and what she has to offer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users