Photo

First time posting and first time wedding planning...not sure about either!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PamelaKaren

PamelaKaren
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'm planning a wedding for April 2011, we've picked out destination at least, we're going to do it at Iberostar Varadero. I have no idea HOW to actually book my wedding and feel like this is the biggest hurdle. Do I go to a local travel agent, or should I email a website like redtag.ca (which is who we usually book with for trips we've done)?? We were in Varadero last month and went to the Iberostar....they took us on a tour and allowed us to sit and have some drinks, so I feel good about booking here since we've seen it in person.

Can someone give me some suggestions about how to take this first step and actually book our wedding? Thank you!!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

congrats and welcome!

starting with a travel agent would be your best bet, they are super helpful and can help work with you to plan a wedding and trip within your budget.

if you are more of a self planner, you could check with the resort directly for more info. they usually have a wedding coordinator who can get you info on what you need to do...

#3 lmuze

lmuze
    • 457 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Congratulations. I second the idea of going to a travel agent. I don't know what I would have done without my TA. They seem to also get answers back much quicker than if you work with the resort directly.

#4 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

I was pretty much in the same boat. No experience what so ever. So I ended up getting a Travel Agent. And it was the best decision I've made!

#5 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
        • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

You've already made a great first step by joining this forum - congrats! and welcome aboard. Now, with a little research and lots of help from people here, you're sure to find that perfect fit you're looking for.........all the best! :)

#6 SonyaR

SonyaR
          • 299 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Definitely get a TA and use this forum to help you. Congratulations!

#7 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats. Whether you choose a TA or do it yourself (I am doing my planning myself) you'll find the board has lots of resources and information that will come in handy. Happy planning!!!

#8 aubry

aubry
              • 191 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Echo the others with TA. Resort WC's are sometimes hard to get. Good luck and welcome!

#9 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
                • 914 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the forum! Happy planning!

#10 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. There is great info on this forum. As far as a TA... find one.. I just did a search on TAs that specialize in DW.. found a great one.. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users