Budget Resort Ideas

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SomersSK

SomersSK
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi Again,

So my finance and I were set on Jamaica, however, it looks like it may be too expensive to ask our guests to pay.

Can anyone suggest resorts in either Mexico, Dominican Republic, or Cuba, that we may be able to get a group rate of $1300 all inclusive per guest?

Would love to hear what resorts you are getting married at, if you were able to secure a rate around this price?

Thanks soooo much, look forward to your insight!!!

Sarah and Paul
    Dreams Punta Cana
    Jan 12, 2011 - 4pm

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/dxYEm4.png

#2 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
    • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Congratulations! This forum is so great for ideas on everything. I have found more ideas and advice than I ever could have imagined!

For that price what are you looking to include? air and flight? how long do you want them to stay?

I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta at the Dreams PV (a 4 star all inclusive hotel) and I have rooms reserved for as little as $385 per person for 4 days based on double occupancy. This obviously does not include airfare. I know prices are very variable based on time of year and other details.

Hope that helps.
      Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
      October 21, 2010

#3 jodi_22n

jodi_22n
      • 122 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

hi i am from the uk so can only give you price in GBP but we are staying at the RIU Montego Bay for 14 nights all inclusive and it costs £1004 per person (not sure what that is in dollars)
        but we are going april-may (next week) so i am not sure on the costing around the time you are looking at
        we booked with Travel Agent as a package deal

hope this helps and happy planning xx

#4 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
        • Vendor
        • 323 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

You should consider and small resort in Riviera Maya.
          You won't spend that much.

#5 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
          • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hola SomerSK ........how many guests are you expecting, and how many days will they be staying at your destination? We'd certainly be open to entertaining your budget....let me know - Lynda :)

#6 aubry

aubry
            • 191 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

We found Riviera Maya/Cancun Mexico all inclusives to be the cheapest option. Good luck!

#7 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
              • 914 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

#8 Mere

Mere
                • 729 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

I was torn between Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Cancun. Cancun was the cheapest for us.

#9 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! The ladies here are very helpful! Happy planning!

#10 karielk

karielk
                    • 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi, I'd agree with the others who said that there are several resorts in the Cancun/Riviera Maya region where you could meet that budget.

If you're interested in looking into those, you could start by glancing at the great Riviera Maya map posted as a sticky in the RM forum.

http://bestdestinati....era-maya-2278/

It was a helpful starting place for us, especially since it rates hotels as "moderate," "superior," "deluxe," etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users