Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1361 hammy0426

hammy0426
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Babybird, Did you pay for the DJ to play music during the dinner hour or did he just do it?  I am also wondering if they play music at the Blue Bar and if so, what was is it like?

btw brides, I will post pics of the vases this week (I am in the middle of decorating them and will post once I am done)

#1362 hammy0426

hammy0426
    • 85 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, I am using Octavio Montes too!  Glad to hear that you had success with him

#1363 AlexJH

AlexJH
      • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

We're getting married the weekend after you...the 17th...not sure yet what day we'll be arriving there through.

Originally Posted by KRachelB2011 

We are getting married Sat Dec 10th. What about you Alex?

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AlexJH 

Hi KRachelB!

I'm also getting married at the Now Jade in December...what day are you getting married?

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KRachelB2011 

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at the NOW Jade Dec 2011.  A few questions for anyone who knows the following:

1) Do they use a sound system / microphone for beach weddings?  I am nervous my guests wont hear our vows.

2) What are the length of the rectangular tables used for Bamboo room reception?  I would like to bring my own table runners.

3)  Has anyone used the Mariachi band?  Reviews?

4) I am looking for recommendations for an outside photographer, any suggestions?

5) Has anyone brought gift bags for their guests?  Did you have the front desk distribute them?

6) Do they have a larger selection of flowers than what is featured in their wedding book?

7) Pilar said the reception included in the Divine package is only for 3 hours and then we would have to pay an extra $15 per person per hour... is this true? 

Thanks!

KRachelB

#1364 jen83rn

jen83rn
        • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi everyone! I am in the process of setting up my wedding at Now Jade for November but I'm having a hard time picking a reception location. I want it somewhere that allows music & dancing, but not on the beach. Any suggestions? we are having about 25-30 guests. Also I'm pretty sure we are having the ceremony at the pergola, is there a nice place close to that for the cocktail hour?

Thanks!!

#1365 babybird126

babybird126
          • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

hammy, 

the dj just played during the dinner and I was not expecting that.  It was nice relaxing music for the most part and when dinner was over, he played for two hours for the reception.  There wasn't music played during the cocktail hour at the blue bar but I know that you can bring in an IPOD and play.  We were actually busy taking pictures the entire time but my guest loved sitting and talking.  Plus they were able to see us taking pictures =)  Octavio Montes did an amazing job.  The pictures were beautiful!

#1366 IvanG

IvanG
            • Vendor
            • 967 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

Hola Girls!

Just to let you know, now we are one of the prefered vendors at Now Jade, ask for our services, they will give you the prices according to the package that you are getting from the Hotel. Make sure to ask for us no the other company that they are using too. :)

Best,

#1367 amy9968

amy9968
              • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

We are May 2, 2011.. small event- we are being re-married on our 25th anniversary.  The costs are starting to add up...we are taking our children and flying some family as well. AND PAYING FOR COLLEGE, yikes   Ally, on this site posted some great tips... and I will read more postings and learn more as well.

I sent an email to Pilar Saturday and got a response today.    I asked about the aisle runner...she said they only have red, if I want white....it's a $100 extra.

On my tour, she showed me where the bar would be set up...  today I learned to have a private bar is $400.    Also, ally suggested a florists which she says did an awesome job- $200 for everything.   Today Pilar replied if I wanted to use any outside verndors, there would be a $350 charge.

Also, if I wanted my bags distributed to guests...it would be $3 per bag.   I thought Ally said they charged her $2...

They want an extra $110 for my son and his girlfriend to ride from the airport to the resort with us....    Is this the same that you all have received

with your bookings? 

#1368 Jessiphi

Jessiphi
                • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

As much as I love snow, I live in Texas! I cannot wait until our wedding at Now Jade and for the warm sun! Only 2 and a half more months! YAY!

#1369 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

I hear ya sister!!!!! When is your date again? I am April 26th but arriving the 23rd-30th. We are getting blasted tonight in Toronto from the system that is coming up from Texas. Brrrrr.

#1370 LHD18

LHD18
                    • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

Are you also a preferred vendor at Now Sapphire?

Originally Posted by IvanG 

Hola Girls!

Just to let you know, now we are one of the prefered vendors at Now Jade, ask for our services, they will give you the prices according to the package that you are getting from the Hotel. Make sure to ask for us no the other company that they are using too. :)

Best,

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users