Hanna, thanks for forwarding the wedding packet.  I have some parts of the packet that Pilar forwarded to me but some if it is new to me.  I had not seen the flowers or the cakes and I have not received the Now Planning Form yet.  I should receive that soon though as I am still working out the exact details of times and locations for the wedding with Pilar.

Originally Posted by primavera View Post

Meg, not sure if someone has emailed you the wedding book yet but I will send it to you just in case.

Is anyone planning on having their reception in the garden area besides the beach?? It seems like everyone gets married in the pergola and has an inside reception....any thoughts??  I wanted to get married on the beach (in AUG 5/11), have cocktail at the orange lounge, and reception at the garden. What time is everyone getting married?

Christie

Hi Christie-

Initially I wanted my the same set-up as you, but we decided on the pergola because it is a little more intimate since the rooms on the preferred side overlook the garden. We also thought we should have a little more beach influence since it is in Mexico and the beach is right behind the pergola without the hassle of sand (it was very windy when we went to our site inspection).   We decided to do the reception inside because of the heat.  My wedding is August 11 and I want people to dance all night without reservations.  My ceremony starts at 6.  Congratulations!

Have you seen the resort yet? If by the "garden" you mean the grass area between the preferred side rooms and the restaurants, then my only concern for you is the mosquito's! They are bad in the grass- or at least at night and in November. We took just a few pictures there as the sun was going down and I got eaten alive. So that may be a concern for you but you can always have them spray. Also ask them about the dance floor and I'm not sure you can have music late at night there? I'm not sure if you've seen the "orange lounge area", but it's not very private as it's right in front of the restaurants- but probably not a problem for a cocktail hour. Sorry, hope this helps- it was only my experience.

I had my reception at Las Olas/ Castaways. It's open on all sides but has a tall roof and lattice over the terraces- wind was not a problem but the breeze a was nice relief from all the dancing! So it was half indoors and half outdoors- perfect for us. The only problem with having it here was that they the reception can not start any sooner than 8pm. (they close the restaurant at 6 and then only have 2 hours for set-up) If you have your heart set on an outdoor reception, you can always have it on the Carnival Terrace outside the buffet or the pool deck if you don't have too many guests.

Originally Posted by ChristieAnn View Post

Is anyone planning on having their reception in the garden area besides the beach?? It seems like everyone gets married in the pergola and has an inside reception....any thoughts??  I wanted to get married on the beach (in AUG 5/11), have cocktail at the orange lounge, and reception at the garden. What time is everyone getting married?

Christie

I just sent it to you.  If anyone needs advice or help, just let me know.

Robin

Originally Posted by all the love View Post

Hello everyone,

Could someone email me the wedding book/packet that you have received from the resort?  crockett.cd@gmail.com

thanks so much!

Could you also send it to me?  I'm in the final stages of booking my date, but I would love to see the options.

Thanks!