Do I give a gift bag to a guests mom?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

• Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

i would say give her a gift bag, and put a note in it telling her how you guys are so glad she was able to attend your wedding week and to please accept this gift bag "as a thank you for celebrating with us".

that should tie up everything, she wouldnt feel obliged to give a gift of thanks for a thank you that you gave her, and it would prevent HER feeling awkward for being dragged on this trip. i guess try to look at it from her perspective, kwim?

#12 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

I would give her the gift bag. I imagine that it is not very expensive and a nice gesture goes a long way :)

#13 ML23

• 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

I would suggest giving her a gift bag since she will also be one of your guests (sort of)... I agree with the other ladies here, you don't want to leave anyone out. Besides, you don't know her well enough to know what she may or may not do. If she gives you a gift, you would be the one feeling awkward. Its a nice gesture, and at the minimum.. her son will really appreciate you making that effort to include her!
      ***I'm so happy with my photos from EnVogue Photography!!!!! ***

#14 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I agree with the others. I think she will feel like an outsider if you give a gift bag to everyone but her.
        Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#15 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

my best friends mum is coming with us as my best friend is the only one who doesnt have a partner out of the 18 of us going - i dont know her v well - but she is coming to the wedding as its at no extra cost to us - i have decided to treat her just like all the other guests.
          Josie x

#16 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

thanks girl !

#17 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
            • 450 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

I would give her a gift bag. Like someone else said earlier, she's not your friend now but after a week together she will be. I think it would be a little awkard for her is everyone else in the group but her got one as well. We've got three people coming we don't know and they are getting OOT bags.

#18 mekanabr

• 537 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

Treat her the same as any other invited guest. And if she does get you a gift, its a little bonus! If not, no hard feelings. I wouldn't stress over it too much, its just a gift bag :)

#19 futuremrswalls

• 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

I say regardless you should give a gift.

#20 dcjackie

• 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Gift bag for her, for sure. How nice of you to think of her! Have a great time!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users