Do I give a gift bag to a guests mom?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

purpleshells
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Girls, help im in a icky situation....

My fiances friend asked if he could bring his mom to the wedding (her husband/their father passed away last year and they dont want to leave her alone while all her kids come to our wedding in Cuba...)Ive met her 2-3 times very sweet woman, told them it was fine.

Thing is, they told me she would most likely be coming to the actual wedding.....the dinner is a la carte,so...its fine, not an extra cost on us..however....um....am I suppose to give her a gift bag as well

#2 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
    • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

If she will be attending as a guest, then yes, a gift bag is appropriate. If she is just hanging out with her family, and not attending the wedding, then none needed.
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#3 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
      • 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I agree with Lucy... even if you don't know her, a small gift is always appreciated!

#4 mctilleys

mctilleys
        • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

I say yes, give her a gift bag. Hopefully by the end of the trip, she will be a friend! That's the way I am trying to think of it anyway. I have one friend we invited and she decided it would be a good idea to bring TWO guests to the wedding/trip

#5 purpleshells

purpleshells
          • 338 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

But what if I give a gift (giving them at the beginning of upon arrival)and she doesnt come?

#6 Leez309

Leez309
            • 186 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

I think that even if she doesn't attend the wedding, you should still give her a gift. Maybe consider a scaled down version?

#7 midnight24

midnight24
              • 754 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:06 AM

i say give her the gift bag too. it's a nice gesture. seems weird to give it to everyone else but her in this situation.

#8 Mallory57

Mallory57
                • 454 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

I agree and would give her the gift as well. It's a nice gesture and will surely be appreciated by her. Also, at the end of the day, is one gift bag for an elderly lady really going to burst your budget? Imagine the smile it will bring her :-)
                  35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#9 mnh1983

mnh1983
                  • 743 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

I say to give her a bag as well. If she doesn't come to the wedding, would you really be out a lot of money for the items in the bag?

#10 purpleshells

purpleshells
                    • 338 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

It wasnt about the budget....was worried she would feel ackward and feel like she would be obliged to give us a gift....and thats the last thing I want is any ackwardness because of gift bag....you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users