Sign in to follow this  
purpleshells

Do I give a gift bag to a guests mom?

Girls, help im in a icky situation....

My fiances friend asked if he could bring his mom to the wedding (her husband/their father passed away last year and they dont want to leave her alone while all her kids come to our wedding in Cuba...)Ive met her 2-3 times very sweet woman, told them it was fine.

Thing is, they told me she would most likely be coming to the actual wedding.....the dinner is a la carte,so...its fine, not an extra cost on us..however....um....am I suppose to give her a gift bag as wellhuh.gif

I say yes, give her a gift bag. Hopefully by the end of the trip, she will be a friend! That's the way I am trying to think of it anyway. I have one friend we invited and she decided it would be a good idea to bring TWO guests to the wedding/trip smile105.gif

I agree and would give her the gift as well. It's a nice gesture and will surely be appreciated by her. Also, at the end of the day, is one gift bag for an elderly lady really going to burst your budget? Imagine the smile it will bring her :-)

It wasnt about the budget....was worried she would feel ackward and feel like she would be obliged to give us a gift....and thats the last thing I want is any ackwardness because of gift bag....you know?