Photo

ROR Reception Availability

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JJS2011

JJS2011
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Is anyone aware of how it works if another wedding already booked the location of the reception that you were thinking of having yours at? Is it first come first serve or do they attempt to accomodate both weddings in this location? I am looking to have my reception on the beach and am worried that this will be a popular choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks in advance!

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

From what I remember, it is first come, first serve. If you have not contacted Chandlyn yet regarding availability, I would do so as soon as possible.

#3 sweetluna

sweetluna
      • 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

I agree with Justustwo, you'll want to get it booked as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure I've read on here that they will do what they can to accommodate and have been known to set up a 2nd location on the beach for more than one reception.

#4 Marie

Marie
        • 138 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Most beach receptions are held at or around the sea grape....I think? Having your own beach bar available is certainly nice lol....I have heard stories of others setting up elsewhere if the sea grape is being used, one couple on here actually set up around the gazebo and had a private bar tender set up there and everything, done their dances int he gazebo with tea lights lit up all around it....sounded nice...

I know we booked everything back last March -over a year in advance....we booked the gazebo for 4...seagrape for 9 and mamme bay for 630...and also booked our steeldrum band along with Michael at the photoshop......get to it!! lol

#5 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
          • 248 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

I agree. I think they only allow one party to do it and if it is booked you have to pick another option

#6 hiccups

hiccups
            • 224 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Marie - you are certainly on top of your game!

I know some people booked only when they got there and were lucky enough to get what they wanted but I agree, book asap! You don't want to be disappointed!

#7 surprise4us

surprise4us
              • 119 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

Okay this makes me want to go email her right now, but i am still confused on exactly where I would like things.

#8 misstrae76

misstrae76
                • 217 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

Our day is coming up realy quick and to be honest we don't have the reception decided on yet! We do have the gazebo @4 and Micheal for photos but as for the reception..ugghh..we are still debating!
                  We have already booked one of the wedding packages that have the semi private but we are favoring the poolside reception but at $55 per person at an all inclusive..wasn't too favorable! So I just emailed Chandlyn again to see if we can switch to the free wedding package and just add on the extras. Hopefully no one else will have the poolside that day! If so I guess we'll just have to opt for the semi private and move down to the seagrape!

#9 misstrae76

misstrae76
                  • 217 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Maureen,

The only thing I was worried about was moving my guests. I kinda just wanted to have it all in one location..ie poolside. I just emailed my TA to confirm that we do have the 10 rms booked so we can get the free wedding at the resort. We are actually going to rent the speakers and mic since my brother is a DJ and will be taking care of the music aspect of it. I just need to decide ASAP as I need to get my flowers in order as well.

I soooo can't wait till this is over and done with now! As fun as it is, we are soooo ready to get married and party on!

#10 JJS2011

JJS2011
                    • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

Misstrea76.. we were thinking of just renting the DJ equiptment as well. Do you know what the exact cost is for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users