HELP! I want a elegant resort but I need family friendly!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 skadow

• Banned
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by sgray
    I'm getting married at the Aventura Cove Palace. There is a gazebo for the ceremony and there is both an adult and family friendly side of the resort. Guests have access to both... Good luck making your decision! :-)

I am getting married at the same resort for the same reason. Family yet an adult section. And very nice greenery / waterfalls

#12 MichelleS

• 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

Beaches Turks and Caicos

#13 jaccat15

• 196 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Dreams resorts are very elegant and classy for families. If you don't need all-inclusive, you can also check out Fairmont Mayakoba - this is an amazing resort.

#14 mexbride83

• 309 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

Check out Ceiba del Mar. We chose that because we have some family members that want to bring kids, but we don't want a total kid resort. Some of the larger ones seem like there would be too many kids for our liking (one TripAdvisor review on Dreams Riviera Cancun said there were more kids than adults!). Then again, it also depends on the time of year. We are getting married on a holiday weekend, so we figured there would be a lot of families vacationing at that time.

Ceiba has a rooftop wedding area, as well as a pier that holds up to 70 people. It is very private because it is so small. With 50 people, you'll take up almost half of the resort (we're having 70, so we will have half the resort!). There are lots of ceremony options, and all seem very private and closed off. No pool decks or anything. They have restaurants, rooftop (we're doing this), an indoor ballroom, etc.

#15 lorijfletcher

• 134 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

The Dreams Riviera Maya is very elegant and the Beach wedding setting is pretty private.

#16 Amymarie

• 180 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Dreams Tulum is elegant but still not a crazy price. It has an adventure park are for the kids. If you check the website it is a beautiful option.

Dreams Tulum Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury Defined

#17 ask9999

• 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

I got married at Ceiba. I would not recommend it.

#18 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by becks1581
                  You've already gotten a few great suggestions but here's one more (to either help or add your confusion!)... Take a look at Hacienda Tres Rios. It's in the Playa del Carmen area. It is eco-friendly and has a very upscale, elegant atmosphere. It's relatively new and there haven't been too many brides on the forum who have gotten married there but I'm going on a site visit there in May.
                  My brother stayed there with his kids because the resort I was getting married at did not allow kids to stay - even though they were welcome for the event.

The resort is beautiful and the food excellent. You can even choose the cenote as the place to hold the ceremony !

Another stunning and family-friendly place on the Riviera Maya is the Grand Velas, but it's VERY expensive.

#19 angelina_2010

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Carly9495
                    Hey girls! I have been looking at differents resorts and can't find one the I love. I really want something fancy and elegant. I have found several adult only resorts I love, but I have to pick a family friendly place in Riviera Maya. I want a very private ceremony in a gazebo or chapel. I really want a private reception for 40-50 people.
                    I have looked at:

Riu Palace - I love the decor. I hear they have a chapel. I'm concerned that it is hard to have private receptions here.

Playacar Palace - I like this resort, but I don't know if they can accommodate my party size. There is no place of a private wedding ceremony.

Azul Sensatori - I like the roof top wedding option.

Dreams Riviera Cancun - I like the resort but no private wedding ceremony option.

So does anyone have suggestions? I have to pick a place soon and I am so torn!

Gran Porto Real - I like the gazebo.
                    Dear Carly,
                    There is a beautiful Resort name Blue Tulum Golf & Spa, its very elegant and fancy...

#20 KGirl99

• 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

Moon Palace Resorts is an all-inclusive resort and it's family friendly. They have a ton of activities that kids will enjoy. I heard they also have a Michael Jackson show every Monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users