HELP! I want a elegant resort but I need family friendly!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Carly9495

• 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hey girls! I have been looking at differents resorts and can't find one the I love. I really want something fancy and elegant. I have found several adult only resorts I love, but I have to pick a family friendly place in Riviera Maya. I want a very private ceremony in a gazebo or chapel. I really want a private reception for 40-50 people.
    I have looked at:

Riu Palace - I love the decor. I hear they have a chapel. I'm concerned that it is hard to have private receptions here.

Playacar Palace - I like this resort, but I don't know if they can accommodate my party size. There is no place of a private wedding ceremony.

Azul Sensatori - I like the roof top wedding option.

Dreams Riviera Cancun - I like the resort but no private wedding ceremony option.

So does anyone have suggestions? I have to pick a place soon and I am so torn!

Gran Porto Real - I like the gazebo.

#2 michelle2011

• 1,301 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi Carly

We are booking Barcelo Maya Palace. It is a gorgeous hotel with stunning grounds. They have a beautiful gazebo (we will marry there) and they also have a chapel. Family friendly too ( i have to kids myself)....

Worth taking a look. Good luck

Hotel in Riviera Maya - Puerto Juarez Hotel - Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe Hotel - Barcelo.com

#3 sgray

• 116 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm getting married at the Aventura Cove Palace. There is a gazebo for the ceremony and there is both an adult and family friendly side of the resort. Guests have access to both... Good luck making your decision! :-)

#4 becks1581

• 477 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

You've already gotten a few great suggestions but here's one more (to either help or add your confusion!)... Take a look at Hacienda Tres Rios. It's in the Playa del Carmen area. It is eco-friendly and has a very upscale, elegant atmosphere. It's relatively new and there haven't been too many brides on the forum who have gotten married there but I'm going on a site visit there in May.

#5 NicoRuskies

• 92 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

What about Dreams Tulum?

#6 Leigh17

• 339 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Moon Palace in Cancun (about 30 minutes from the Cancun strip) has a chapel and gazebos, it's family friendly, it's beautiful & upscale, & has lots of places for private receptions (& if you get enough people booked, all your private events are free). It's owned by the same company that owns Playacar Palace but is much bigger. Good luck choosing!

#7 Shoesiesluvr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

We are staying at The Royal in Cancun and having our ceremony at their sister property right next door, The Gran Caribe Real, which is family friendly. Their website is Real Resorts Mexico|Real Resorts Cancun| Real Resorts Playa del Carmen|Luxury Hotels in Mexico IMO both resorts are super gorgeous!
                He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                My Planning Thread

#8 t1219

• 310 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

I have stayed at the Moon Palace. I thought it was nice. We decided to go with Dreams Riviera b/c we will have a few children with us! Most of the reviews on their FB page have been fabulous.

#9 t1219

• 310 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

We decided to do our wedding in Nov at Dreams Riviera b/c we will also have a few children with us. Their FB page has awesome comments from travelers.

I have also stayed at the moon palace. It was a nice resort and the rooms were nice. The food was pretty good too. Good luck planning!!

#10 SouthernSweetie

• 394 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

We chose Moon Palace for all of the reasons that you listed. They even have a Kids Club that is open to 10pm plus family-friendly activities that are sometimes including in the package. Additionally, they traditionally have summer package deals where kids 12 and under stay free (one reason why we picked June.)

Check it out and Good Luck with your decision!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users