becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

I am LOVING the OPI Axxium Soak-Off Gel Laquer!!!

I had mine done three weeks ago (yup, THREE weeks) before hubby and I went on vacation. We were in central america, went hiking, scuba diving, and all the sorts of things that would ruin a manicure in about 5 minutes. Even on a good day, my regular manicures start chipping in about 3-4 days.

But this one lasted for 3 weeks. While you could see where it's grown out (I used a sheer pale pink so it was hard to see), it was still really shiny and unchipped 3 weeks later.

It takes a little longer than your usual manicure - mine took about 45-50 minutes - because the set the gel with a UV light. And they didn't file the bejeezus out of the surface of my nail - they just buffed it down a tiny bit, which made me so happy. They soak it off with polish remover which took a while, but my nails looked normal and healthy when it was gone.

And while it was on, they didn't have that thick appearance like acryllic nails do.

Anyway, not all salons are doing these so you may have to hunt a bit - but how fabulous to know that your nails are going to hold up to a week in the sun/sand and still look great on your wedding day!!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#2 Mischaka

Mischaka
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

I love OPI!!! and I used to get my uv gel manicure. and that's exactly what I plan to get before I go on my trip!!! I'm gonna be there a few days before the wedding and I want to make sure everything looks great on the wedding day!!

and what salon did you go to??

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Becks, I just saw this at a salon in Chicago and was wondering how it worked!

I'll definitely have to keep it in mind for upcoming vacations and the DW I'm in this summer!

Do you mind me asking how much it was?

#4 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hmmm, I've never heard of this! But I'm intrigued. Any pictures Becks?

#5 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mischaka
        and what salon did you go to??
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ErinB
        Do you mind me asking how much it was?
        My salon is out on Long Island - Sway Nails & Spa in Manhasset - but if you get desperate, you can walk from the train station.

I paid $35. Not bad, given that I normally pay around $12 each week - acutally saved me $1!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#6 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
        • 5,466 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

My gf swears by this stuff too and wore it for my wedding.. its like gel nails but just nail polish instead of the actual nails. if that makes sense?

#7 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

My gf got it with a pedi and her toes look great even after running and playing kickball for 2 weeks. Apparently the salon down the street is promoting it right now. Good to hear others like it, I'm going to have to try it out!

#8 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

I'm going to have to check this out. How long was the whole process?
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
              ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

I read about these and really want to try it. I found a salon close by that does it but it's $57!! I'm going to see if there is any other place around that may be a little cheaper.
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 Jackie22

Jackie22
                • 336 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

So excited to read this post. I have been wondering what to do with my nails for my wedding. Have never wore fake nails before. And I didnt want to worry about chipping. Now I'm on the hunt to find a salon that does this by me!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users