Sign in to follow this  
Jerzzygirl

Riu wedding requirments and Docs

I was going to email Chandlyn tonight to find out exactly what she needs. I also read someplace else that another bride scanned and emailed all her documents to Chandlyn and that was fine. Chris and I have both been divorced so I guess I need to send our divorce papers too. Anyone have any info or tips on sending this info out?

Thanks for starting this thread...I would love to hear about the required documents! (Someone please remind me to do this in 7 months or so!)

I had a dream a few weeks ago that we were at the ceremony, but they wouldn't let us get married b/c Mike forgot his passport. In the dream, I was asking if we could just do a "fake wedding" since everyone was there, but they wouldn't let us. So, I will DEFINITELY remember to remind you with this dream fresh in my head!

Does anyone know if there are a minimum number of days you have to be in the country before you can get married. My travel agent said 72 hrs., but i want to confirm that.

All I know is that in order to be married on Friday, I need to be in Jamaica by Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hln321 View Post
All I know is that in order to be married on Friday, I need to be in Jamaica by Tuesday!
I was told the same thing. I think it is 2 days but they don't count the day of your arrival.

I emailed Chandlyn the other night but I havent heard from her yet. I was told 48 hours before also but the day of the wedding doesnt count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl View Post
LOL I will remind you in 7 months if you remind me in the next 2 weeks....
Hey Jerzzygirl,
This is your first reminder to get your documents to Jamaica! We don't want you showing up there and not being able to get married!
Keep us updated....

In Jamaica - it is 2 days, but I was told the day of arrival and the day of the ceremony don't count. So I am getting married on Saturday, but getting there on Wednesday, so Thursday and Friday count as our 2 days.