Photo

Riu wedding requirments and Docs

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:04 PM

I was going to email Chandlyn tonight to find out exactly what she needs. I also read someplace else that another bride scanned and emailed all her documents to Chandlyn and that was fine. Chris and I have both been divorced so I guess I need to send our divorce papers too. Anyone have any info or tips on sending this info out?

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for starting this thread...I would love to hear about the required documents! (Someone please remind me to do this in 7 months or so!)

#3 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
      • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

LOL I will remind you in 7 months if you remind me in the next 2 weeks....

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

I had a dream a few weeks ago that we were at the ceremony, but they wouldn't let us get married b/c Mike forgot his passport. In the dream, I was asking if we could just do a "fake wedding" since everyone was there, but they wouldn't let us. So, I will DEFINITELY remember to remind you with this dream fresh in my head!

#5 RiuORBride2B

RiuORBride2B
          • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

Does anyone know if there are a minimum number of days you have to be in the country before you can get married. My travel agent said 72 hrs., but i want to confirm that.

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

All I know is that in order to be married on Friday, I need to be in Jamaica by Tuesday!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by hln321
                All I know is that in order to be married on Friday, I need to be in Jamaica by Tuesday!
                I was told the same thing. I think it is 2 days but they don't count the day of your arrival.

#8 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
                • 203 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

I emailed Chandlyn the other night but I havent heard from her yet. I was told 48 hours before also but the day of the wedding doesnt count

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
                    LOL I will remind you in 7 months if you remind me in the next 2 weeks....
                    Hey Jerzzygirl,
                    This is your first reminder to get your documents to Jamaica! We don't want you showing up there and not being able to get married!
                    Keep us updated....

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

In Jamaica - it is 2 days, but I was told the day of arrival and the day of the ceremony don't count. So I am getting married on Saturday, but getting there on Wednesday, so Thursday and Friday count as our 2 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users