Photo

Post your Chuppah pics and inspiration pics!

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#111 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:37 AM

I just wanted to give a little advice here..

One word of caution when addding COLOR to  your Chuppah's....  Usually, the color will act like a filter to the sun, and suddenly bride + groom become PINK, or GREEN or even BLUE.   So, in your photos, your skin actually becomes those colors.

Sound Crazy?      Its very real,  I'd say Pink has to be the biggest problem, just avoid too much color as it will damage your photos with skin tones that are just the same color!

I'll try to find some photo examples...

good luck

#112 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
    • 465 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

Ohhh - soooo sorry -this actually wasn't my wedding - lol
      this was just an album i came across when researching the photographer! I just loved the decor so much i had to share! lol

Originally Posted by 82turtles 

Beautiful pictures!!! Looked like an amazing day! :)

Loved the flowers on a string that hung on your ceremony canopy. Did you make those or did the resort provide them? Were they weighted or tied down to keep them from flying all over in the wind or was it just not that windy?

thanks!

#113 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
      • 465 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:36 AM

Very good points Matt!  Does this work the same way for a gazebo? Like the one at Dreams Riviera Cancun perhaps?
        My colors will most likely be a dark eggplant purple and a bright lime green
        Some photo examples would be great!

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

One word of caution when addding COLOR to  your Chuppah's....  Usually, the color will act like a filter to the sun, and suddenly bride + groom become PINK, or GREEN or even BLUE.   So, in your photos, your skin actually becomes those colors.

Sound Crazy?      Its very real,  I'd say Pink has to be the biggest problem, just avoid too much color as it will damage your photos with skin tones that are just the same color!

good luck

#114 82turtles

82turtles
        • 297 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Ohh, haha, that's okay!! It is a beautiful set-up, so glad you shared!

Ohhh - soooo sorry -this actually wasn't my wedding - lol
          this was just an album i came across when researching the photographer! I just loved the decor so much i had to share! lol

#115 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
          • 899 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Great advice Matt!  Thanks so much. Makes me happy to stick with my plain white sheers! :o

#116 star18

star18
            • 201 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thank you so much for the advice, I didn't even think of this!!! Now I have to think about this a little more and how else to add colors. )

good luck

#117 zelda062

zelda062
              • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Matt, I would love to see some examples! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#118 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
                • 232 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for posting this!! I hadn't thought about it at all... but it totally makes sense. I was just about to purchase fuschia and orange tulle too!!

I would also love to see some examples!!!

I'm thinking of sticking with white tulle and just add colored tulle to the posts of the chuppah...

good luck

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#119 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                  • 594 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

How much tulle should I buy for the chuppah?

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

Thanks for posting this!! I hadn't thought about it at all... but it totally makes sense. I was just about to purchase fuschia and orange tulle too!!

I would also love to see some examples!!!

I'm thinking of sticking with white tulle and just add colored tulle to the posts of the chuppah...

#120 redginger

redginger
                    • 360 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

Thank you...didn't even think of this! Our wedding color is orange...better use white tulle!

good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users