Photo

Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#401 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

What do your luggage tags and brochures look like? Did you make them yourself?

Originally Posted by jlarruda 

I've hit a plateau in our planning.. I need to send out luggage tags w/brochures and write about 50+ thank you cards from our wedding shower and I have no motivation.. and our wedding is in about 2 1/2 months.. ugh lol.

#402 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
    • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

Megan,

Thanks for the recommendation.  I definitely plan on meeting with Mayte before the wedding, if not just for an excuse to sit and relax on that beach before the wedding.

I'm getting more and more nervous about travel prices, they don't seem to be going down much so I think I just need to bite the bullet and pay $800+ for tickets froM BOS. Unfortunately, my parents are school teachers and we had to pick a school vacation week in Massachusetts and the prices for travel that week are just insane. Booh :-(

MNtoMX I am also booked at the Majestic Elegance. Congrats on getting all that stuff done. Doesn't it seem like the list never ends even though I thought a destination wedding would be easier.

Sheri

#403 jlarruda

jlarruda
      • 201 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

Astef- I work from home so I go through spirts of wedding planning I think lol.  All the big main things are done.. just little details now.

Sherio- What airline are you looking into? W'e're all flying out of Boston and are going through jetblue (direct flights) & we're guests are paying between $550-650 each, we're going in November and its the week of Veterans day so apparently a lot of people are flying. 

#404 jlarruda

jlarruda
        • 201 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

I bought silver luggage tags from Michaels with a 40% coupon then got free business cards from vistaprint that I customized and I'm going to insert them in the luggage tags.

#405 Mel2010

Mel2010
          • 219 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

@ LizT: I have gone for one bridal makeup session so far at the Channel counter (which turned out horribly as my makeup was way too dark and dramatic!) and the only tips I've learnt so far are that we shouldn't wear SPF on the wedding day, especially in our foundation, as it's really bad for flash photography. And that on the wedding day, or the night before, we should do a mosturizing face mask so that our skin is beautiful for pictures. If you need to use some SPF, only a small dab should be used.

As for makeup, I'm going to do my own makeup. I don't trust the ladies at the salons in the DR and have heard to many horror stories. You should totally go to the MAC counter and get some tipsadvice on how to wear your makeup for the big day. I'd say don't bother booking the makeup session (in less you really need it) because they will charge you $55.00 (that's here in Canada) for the 1hr session, and you only get a mascara out of it. I found that expensive considering you're going to be buying all that makeup afterwards. There is also Sephoras!! I love that place, all the makeup brands in one store! You can't go wrong with them too!! :)

#406 megsosborn

megsosborn
            • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

Sheri -

I live in Boston too :) 

Megs

#407 megsosborn

megsosborn
              • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

Hey Ladies!

I finally got my professional pictures back from Phil Steingard and wanted to share them with you guys.  The wedding preparation pictures were taken at our hotel, the Paradisus Punta Cana, the ceremony at the Jellyfish :) and our TTD were at Phil's hotel the Majestic.  Enjoy!  Let me know if the links don't work!!

Megs

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

#408 Bride2012

Bride2012
                • Banned
                • 442 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

Love the photos! Im sure it's wonderful reliving the moments :)

#409 astef

astef
                  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hey Meg,

Do you by any chance have package info from Phil Steingard? Pricing, etc?

Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

Melia Caribe Tropical Resort

#410 astef

astef
                    • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Great photos, btw :)

Alex & Michael, April 23rd 2012

Jellyfish Restaurant, Punta Cana

Melia Caribe Tropical Resort

0 user(s) are reading this topic