Help! Need opinion about table setting!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

I need your opinions! The first picture is what I am trying to achieve. The second is what I have so far. I am not using gladiolus, I just used them to see the effect of orange. What do you think?

Also, regarding pillow boxes for my favors. Which one do you like, with or without ribbon?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

BEst to all!

JessicaClick the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

Are you working with a WC? I'm sure a WC could pull off that first design (which is BEAUTIFUL by the way.) Where did you find that pic?

#3 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Hi Jen,

My WC is Muriel from Fiestas Los Cabos. But we are bringing most of these things with us from home. The picture is missing a runner, I found one but I am still waiting for it to go on sale. And I will use orange roses, lilies instead of gladiolus.

I found the picture on Brides.com under Gallery. I fell in love with it but the chairs at Sunset da Mona Lisa I will not be able to attach flowers so I will just go with ribbons on the chairs.

#4 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

funny - that's all i was going to say, is add a sheer runner to the table and you've got the look! beautiful, btw.

and like the ones w/the ribbon if you want to add more orange to the setting. otherwise the non-ribbon ones are more simply beautiful.

hope that made sense!

#5 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for your opinions! I like it without the ribbon too. The paper is Japanese and it is so pretty. I saw a runner that is really beautiful too so I am excited and waiting patiently for it to go on sale.

#6 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

I agree your inspiration is beautiful! I was also going to suggest a runner and some votives...maybe you could put ribbon around the votives. I personally like the box without the ribbon.
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

Thanks Jessalyn!

#8 foxytv

• VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

I think you are amost there. The Gallery pic actually looks a little busy to me, so I say the runner will bring yourdesign together. I like the pillow boxes either way -- but I'm all about saving as much money as possible!!!

#9 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

Wow, nice work! It looks great. I can't think of one word of advice, it's perfect! :)

The pillow boxes are great too. My initial feeling was I liked it with the ribbon - but I keep going back and forth about it! If the ribbon is too much money/extra work, then nix it - the paper beneath it is beautiful!

Really, really nice work!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 MrsV-to-be

• 554 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

I LOVE it! But I may already be partial - since you are using the colors that I am also using (blue and orange)! I think once you add the runner it will be perfect! I agree, I think the original pic is too busy - yours will be simple and elegant!

I like the favor better with the bow as well.

Can't wait to see the decorations in action!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users