Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#911 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
  • Site Supporter
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

My understanding is that Moon Palace uses Zuniga as thier 'in-house' decorator anyhow.  So, even if you reserve these items from your MP WC, they will then outsource those requests to Zuniga.  As far as answering your question, I'm not sure :(  But I would be willing to bet Zuniga can get them.  They are no small operation.

Originally Posted by SChica927 

Does anyone know if MP has tiki torches? If so, do you know how much they cost & how much MP charges for set up?  Or is this something I have to use an outside decor company for (i.e. Zuniga)? Thanks!

#912 akotha

akotha
    • Site Supporter
    • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

It's interesting to hear that some WCs at MP try to get your guests in the same building, etc.  Mine has told me that she will send the info to the bookings people, but she has no control over it and it is subject to availability, etc. 

Basically she did not sound even remotely confident that my guests will be located in the same area .. nor did she sound like there was anything she could/would do.

Not really surprised at this point.  I'll be very happy when I no longer have to deal with these people.

#913 kyndall

kyndall
      • 151 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

My TA told me everyone should be in the same section.  Except the two families coming bc they have family suites.  I am just worried about it being to big and everyone not being able to find the same pool and all that.

#914 kyndall

kyndall
        • 151 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Also...has anyone seen a wedding video from their videographer?  I know it's cheaper then someone in the states but I don't want to waste using the hotel points on the DVD if it's not any good. 

#915 blondy

blondy
          • 133 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by kyndall 

Also...has anyone seen a wedding video from their videographer?  I know it's cheaper then someone in the states but I don't want to waste using the hotel points on the DVD if it's not any good. 

I haven't but I'd be interested in seeing one as well.

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#916 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

You can have your wedding webcast and I saw a couple of those but the quality wasn't amazing. I'm still not sure if I want to get the video from them, but I know I will probably regret it if I don't.

#917 blondy

blondy
              • 133 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

You can have your wedding webcast and I saw a couple of those but the quality wasn't amazing. I'm still not sure if I want to get the video from them, but I know I will probably regret it if I don't.

I saw one of the webcasts too, but don't know if the videography is the same - apparently they do some editing with the videography.  Who knows?

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#918 Bride KSmith

Bride KSmith
                • Site Supporter
                • 144 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

Does anyone have info on hiring Salsa Dancers? I would love to have someone get the party started and teach my guest some moves.

#919 SChica927

SChica927
                  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

Kyndall -- we had the same concern about MP... I posted this earlier, but not sure if you saw... in our OOT bags, we're putting in a newsletter type of thing that we're making. And we're going to have a section on "Where's the Wedding Party?" type thing... and each day, we're just going to pick a pool area and timing so people can meet there if they want...

Like "Thursday 10-2, Sunrise Pool by the Swim Up Bar" etc. That kind of stuff... hope this helps!

Originally Posted by kyndall 

My TA told me everyone should be in the same section.  Except the two families coming bc they have family suites.  I am just worried about it being to big and everyone not being able to find the same pool and all that.

#920 shan0487

shan0487
                    • 1,393 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

That is a good idea Schica!

Originally Posted by SChica927 

Kyndall -- we had the same concern about MP... I posted this earlier, but not sure if you saw... in our OOT bags, we're putting in a newsletter type of thing that we're making. And we're going to have a section on "Where's the Wedding Party?" type thing... and each day, we're just going to pick a pool area and timing so people can meet there if they want...

Like "Thursday 10-2, Sunrise Pool by the Swim Up Bar" etc. That kind of stuff... hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users