1. I am purchasing the Sapphire Package, and writing in my contract that our resort $ are to be used for this package (i.e now we get it for free)
2. I am also writing in my contract the locations I want for ALL my "private functions" including the wedding and reception. (This has been sent back to the team in Miami and I'm just waiting to see what they write back)
3. We are going to chance it with the in house photographer, since photos and videos are included in our package. We also decided to add an additional package (since it only come with photos and video of the ceremony) this way we won't have the in house photographer and an outside photographer. Recent views for them have been positive.
4. Not sure what else we are missing. Still waiting the contract to come back.
5. We are not sure about the decorations with our package since it comes with some but we will have more than 35 guests so I'm waiting to see how much they will charge, especially since we will have enough people/rooms for the unlimited free private events. (If it helps any I did put a statement that 45 days prior to travel a "rough estimate - itemized of all costs for the wedding will be e-mailed to the bride and groom")
Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by onourway
I wanted to chime in about not hearing from anyone at MP. I don't really understand hwo they expect us to plan this whole affair, especially with a budget, without any cost sheets. My bridesmaids have asked about hair and makeup scheduling because I offered to pay for that as part of my gift. I hope we can get us all in that day! So, I was wondering if you all can help me feel ok about this with answering a few questions:
1. How many people are planning or have purchased a package versus going a la carte?
2. How many were able to reserve their first choice locations?
3. Did anyone use the onsite photographer since it's changed to Smile?
4. How much did you spend on extras or unexpected expeditures? I'm wondering what I've missed on my list.
5. How many used MPs decorations, used your own or bought from outside vendors?
from what I hear in the reviews, everyone is happy in the end with their MP weddings. I guess I need to relax and remember that they do this all day, everyday. Just kinda hard to let go....