Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1811 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

i eventually heard back from him when I forwarded him the same email and said that i hadn't heard from him

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

Anyone hear back from Marvin yet?? I send him emails and still no answer! I'm now frustrated!! My wedding is 3 1/2 months away and I want to get my order in.

#1812 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

I haven't heard from him yet either.  i am kinda bummed about it too

#1813 rae12vb

rae12vb
      • 168 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

This makes me worried.  I e-mailed him last night about prices and I heard RIGHT back from him.  Then it seems like he has no follow through.

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

Anyone hear back from Marvin yet?? I send him emails and still no answer! I'm now frustrated!! My wedding is 3 1/2 months away and I want to get my order in.

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#1814 kris10kay

kris10kay
        • 194 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

Rae did you find out if you could switch your flights?! Where are you suppose to be flying too? And yes I have come across a few people who may be coming alone. Most of the single guests will be paired up eventually so it works out ok since they all know each other or know of each other. My thoughts are a lot of people will not be in the room and will be hanging out as a group around the resort.

#1815 jcoke

jcoke
          • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

Marvin has reached out to me.  Actually since last week he has been responding to all of my emails and quickly I might add.  He's sent me pictures and eventually a quote.  I was surprised at how quick he responded after my experience and reading all of the responses.  Good luck to everyone. 

#1816 kyndall

kyndall
            • 151 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

I did.  We just had people room together.  It is pretty expensive if you are by yourself.  My photographer ended up  staying with one of my good single friends and now they are actually good friends.  Or maybe your future brother in law needs to get himself a girlfriend!

Originally Posted by rae12vb 

Did anyone have to handle dealing with people saying that they can't come because they are only a "single."  We have about 25 people going and my fiancees brother is trying to back out because he has no one to room with.

#1817 rae12vb

rae12vb
              • 168 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Ahhh thankfully we were able to switch the flights.  It only cost me $50 to switch it.

Now I am working with Marvin.  He just sent me some pictures of sample flower bouquets.  So exciting!!

I am hoping that he can room with his mother if necessary.  We probably wouldn't have had this problem if we started planning sooner.

Suddenly more people are deciding to join us!

It looks like we'll have at least 20 people now!  I'm excited because we just had a few at first!!  I would LOVE if we could have at least 30!!

Have you summer brides ordered your decor yet?  I don't want to go too crazy for 20 people but I want it to look nice still. I think that I am going to order some chair sashes soon and maybe some fans and umbrellas for the heat. 

Also, is EVERYONE doing OOT bags??  I am trying to think of something else that I might be able to do that might be creative.

#1818 raulmaria 11

raulmaria 11
                • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I just heard from my wedding coordinator!  I'm so excited.  She actually scheduled a phone call with me tomorrow.  We have 97 guests confirmed and a few more to go. 

Wedding Date is July 9, 2011

Originally Posted by rae12vb 

Ahhh thankfully we were able to switch the flights.  It only cost me $50 to switch it.

Now I am working with Marvin.  He just sent me some pictures of sample flower bouquets.  So exciting!!

I am hoping that he can room with his mother if necessary.  We probably wouldn't have had this problem if we started planning sooner.

Suddenly more people are deciding to join us!

It looks like we'll have at least 20 people now!  I'm excited because we just had a few at first!!  I would LOVE if we could have at least 30!!

Have you summer brides ordered your decor yet?  I don't want to go too crazy for 20 people but I want it to look nice still. I think that I am going to order some chair sashes soon and maybe some fans and umbrellas for the heat. 

Also, is EVERYONE doing OOT bags??  I am trying to think of something else that I might be able to do that might be creative.

#1819 rae12vb

rae12vb
                  • 168 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

That's fabulous!! Is this the first time your hearing from her?  When did you book your wedding?? July 9th is coming soooooon!  Congrats!!

Originally Posted by raulmaria 11 

I just heard from my wedding coordinator!  I'm so excited.  She actually scheduled a phone call with me tomorrow.  We have 97 guests confirmed and a few more to go. 

#1820 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 261 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely INSANE that you are getting married in only 3 weeks, and you are JUST hearing from your wedding coordinator? Do people in Mexico not realize how much planning goes into a wedding?! I can't believe they make us operate this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users