Sign in to follow this  

Good for you! I asked the Miami coordinator about contract changes (Michele Farinas) and she said it wasn't possible. I guess I wasn't persistent enough. We were told that we need to purchase one night's lodging for our photographer, which is really silly because he's based out of Cancun. I think Moon Palace's vendor policy is just dumb and brides should put more pressure on them to change it.

Those who are planning to bring their own flower petals, are you getting fake ones (silk) or dry freeze ones? I want to save money and get silk petals but not 100% sure if they are allowed.

Check with your coord, from mine I get married in 12') they were not allowed. 

Originally Posted by LanaM View Post

Those who are planning to bring their own flower petals, are you getting fake ones (silk) or dry freeze ones? I want to save money and get silk petals but not 100% sure if they are allowed.

I did ask my WC and she said I can bring silk petals. But hearing that some brides were told that silk ones are not allowed makes me doubt my onsite, that is why I wanted to double check here. Ladies here know more than WCsmsnwink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Check with your coord, from mine I get married in 12') they were not allowed. 

I totally agree, with the information that we have all come to know we can run MP weddings department efficiently ;-)  Mine said no, so unfortunately that's all I can go off of.  I'm getting some from Marvin when he brings my flowers as MP's of course is a little pricey.  My alternate route was flyboynaturals.com

Originally Posted by LanaM View Post

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

Anyone know the difference between Tucan Beach and Capilla Beach for the beach wedding sites?

I'm not 100% certain but I would guess that the Capilla Beach would be near the Immaculate Concepcion Chapel (Capilla meaning the Spanish word for Chapel). Just a guess though, but if you do find out for sure please let us know.

Hi ladies!!!

I am having a difficult time deciding what to do for hair and make-up.  I was hoping for those of you who have married at Moon Palace and used their salon to get hair and make-up done, if you could give me your honest opinions those services.  Possibly some pix as well....I have heard mixed reviews on Moon Palace's salons service.

I want to use an outside person, but I don't know if I can justify the cost plus the cost of the day passes for them. 

Thanks!!! :)

Jamie5280, I used the salon at the Moon Palace and had the best experience. I loved my hair and makeup and I was skeptical about makeup b/c I always feel drag queenish after but I really thought Doris at the NIzuc salon did the most AMAZING job. If you pm your email, I can share some pics with you.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi ladies!!!

I am having a difficult time deciding what to do for hair and make-up.  I was hoping for those of you who have married at Moon Palace and used their salon to get hair and make-up done, if you could give me your honest opinions those services.  Possibly some pix as well....I have heard mixed reviews on Moon Palace's salons service.

I want to use an outside person, but I don't know if I can justify the cost plus the cost of the day passes for them. 

Thanks!!! :)

Pm'ing you now.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Jamie5280, I used the salon at the Moon Palace and had the best experience. I loved my hair and makeup and I was skeptical about makeup b/c I always feel drag queenish after but I really thought Doris at the NIzuc salon did the most AMAZING job. If you pm your email, I can share some pics with you.