Sign in to follow this  

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

The email I received from lliana at MP stated that they have two different size round tables, 62" and 72"..sorry I don't know about the 2 seater tables! Hope this helps cheesy.gif

Hello Ladies!

One quick question:  does anyone have an opinion on the need for lighting for an Oct 4pm wedding and then cocktail hour and buffet reception following on the Tucan Terrace?  I presume that the cocktail hour will go until 5:30 and then the buffet dinner until, what, 7:30pm?  Is there enough lighting around that area? 

I guess worst case I can meander over there during my prewedding stay.  I'm sure that MP or Zuniga won't turn down some last minute money on lights:)

I'm also getting married @ MP in October :D. I checked timeanddate.com and it says sunset on my wedding date is 6:22 pm ~ oct. 16th! Hope this helps

Hello Ladies!

One quick question:  does anyone have an opinion on the need for lighting for an Oct 4pm wedding and then cocktail hour and buffet reception following on the Tucan Terrace?  I presume that the cocktail hour will go until 5:30 and then the buffet dinner until, what, 7:30pm?  Is there enough lighting around that area? 

I guess worst case I can meander over there during my prewedding stay.  I'm sure that MP or Zuniga won't turn down some last minute money on lights:)

Hey Ladies!

I miss wedding planning so that's why I am still a lurker but I wanted to share something for the ladies that want to use their bouquets as centerpiece and want something cute to hold them in. I saw this when I was planning my wedding but had already ordered centerpieces from Deco. It's cute and easy to pack so check it out!

http://www.blumebox.com

Ok whats the deal with outside vendors? Has anyone just bought them a day pass with any problems? The contract says no outside vendors but it seems like brides are using them, I want an outside photographer. I do not want to pay for a room for the vendor.

Hi Ladies,

For all of the brides that received a refund for your complimentary nights did they deduct taxes, fees and transfers?  I know that they deduct the $10 per day/person for the resort fee but I wasn't aware of any other fee's or taxes that they were going to subtract.  I booked through a TA and I'm thinking that they got our rooms for a cheaper rate then what they charged us therefore MP sent them the refund based on their agreed rate.

For ex. we paid around $2,100 for our stay but was only refunded back $1,650.  If they subtracted the $140 for the surcharges is the difference all fees? I'm totally confused!

ChipmunkRN,

A day pass will be just fine. I ended up booking a room for my photographers but my guests with day passes had no issues. Wish I would have known and saved some money.

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

Ok whats the deal with outside vendors? Has anyone just bought them a day pass with any problems? The contract says no outside vendors but it seems like brides are using them, I want an outside photographer. I do not want to pay for a room for the vendor.

Did you by chance have your make-up and hair done by an outside vendor?  If so, did you happen to get around the day pass(es)?

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

ChipmunkRN,

A day pass will be just fine. I ended up booking a room for my photographers but my guests with day passes had no issues. Wish I would have known and saved some money.

No sorry, II got my makeup and hair done by Doris from the NIzuc salon, she was AMAZING! I always look like a drag queen after I get my hair and makeup done but I actually loved everything she did! I don't think you can really get around getting them a day pass.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Did you by chance have your make-up and hair done by an outside vendor?  If so, did you happen to get around the day pass(es)?

I do too!!  I always HATE the way I look, and I just want to look so pretty!  :)  so, maybe I will opt for the Moon Palace Spa!!!  You looked fabulous, so that makes me feel better about their work!  I think you are right about the day passes...not sure I want to spend that much money.

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

No sorry, II got my makeup and hair done by Doris from the NIzuc salon, she was AMAZING! I always look like a drag queen after I get my hair and makeup done but I actually loved everything she did! I don't think you can really get around getting them a day pass.