Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I have read in a few different reviews that the refund is not issued until after you check out? My groups final payment is due May 22 also and my wedding is August 5. I asked my destinationwedding planner if I could use my comp nights for the honeymoon and she said no or else we would have gone to another palace resort too! She could be wrong though so do not go by what I say exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We spent 5 days at Moon Palace and then transferred over for 2 nights for a mini-moon at Le Blanc and even though they are all Palace resorts, your time does not transfer over.  We still had a large chunk of our Palace Rewards money left and they would not budge and since we were only at Le Blanc for 2 nights it wasn't enough to get any rewards there.

 

Our refund did not come back until about 2 weeks after the wedding.  What was left of it anyway.  They basically set up a credit balance and then deducted money from it for things like flowers, day passes, audio, deco cancun, etc.  So there really wasn't much left.  If you want the payment to be separate make sure you notify them that you want to pay for those things and you do not want it coming out of the credit balance.

 

Le Blanc is also a lot more per night than MP.  MP is very very nice but Le Blanc make MP seem like a Days Inn. It was almost uncomfortable b/c it was so nice.  We left clothes laying out and the butler had folded all of them, including our underwear.  I felt like a huge jerk, I never would have made someone do that!  However, leaving the resort where all the friends and family were staying was a great decision!  We had a honeymoon planned in Europe a month later so we knew we would have time together.  At first we weren't sure if we wanted to leave everyone but after we got to Le Blanc it was so worth it, just to be able to relax.  I highly recommend not staying with guests.

 

You might be able to work something out through a comparable resort like Beach Palace or Cancun Palace but from my experience they view Le Blanc as a separate resort.  Nothing transfers between them.  It was separate payment and no credit carry over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to make sure everyone understood my original post. Palace Resorts does NOT issue refunds for comp nights until after your stay. I was saying that is what made my TA so awesome, her company has already issued our refund even before we travel! I am assuming that she will get her refund from the Moon Palace. That was one of the many perks of booking with the TA instead of the resort directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I agree, I think my I got my refund early b/c I had a TA and if I went through Palace Resorts, I would have had to wait. I wouild have rather applied my credit towards the wedding but my TA told me it was seperate. Even though she charged me a deposit, I wouldn't have lost any of it if I didn't get all 30 rooms b/c as long as I released them by a certain date, I would not be penalized.

 

Bride K Smith, your wedding is soon right? What days are you going? I am going May 25th-June 1st. Have you talked to your wedding coordinator recently? I called today but no luck, couldn't get through to my wedding coordinator:-( I left her a message so I hope she gets back to me bc I have sent her 3 emails and haven't heard from her since mid April.

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

I want to make sure everyone understood my original post. Palace Resorts does NOT issue refunds for comp nights until after your stay. I was saying that is what made my TA so awesome, her company has already issued our refund even before we travel! I am assuming that she will get her refund from the Moon Palace. That was one of the many perks of booking with the TA instead of the resort directly.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we leave Tuesday!!!!!!!!! We leave on the 24th so I will miss you by one day.smile27.gif

 

My TA is Claudia. She just emailed me again yesterday. She is pretty great! The only time I havent been able to get in touch with her was the past few weeks when she was out for surgery. She had someone following up with me while she was out and she emailed me on her first day back. Who do you have?

 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post



I agree, I think my I got my refund early b/c I had a TA and if I went through Palace Resorts, I would have had to wait. I wouild have rather applied my credit towards the wedding but my TA told me it was seperate. Even though she charged me a deposit, I wouldn't have lost any of it if I didn't get all 30 rooms b/c as long as I released them by a certain date, I would not be penalized.

 

Bride K Smith, your wedding is soon right? What days are you going? I am going May 25th-June 1st. Have you talked to your wedding coordinator recently? I called today but no luck, couldn't get through to my wedding coordinator:-( I left her a message so I hope she gets back to me bc I have sent her 3 emails and haven't heard from her since mid April.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes. I have been told that I can do this.... I was told that I can have my 7 nights split between different resorts as well for my honeymoon... I asked to have the comp nights applied to the honeymoon and like I said it was approved. Now they are trying to tell me I can only go to ONE hotel for the 7 nights.... that I'm not allowed to split them between resorts. I'm still fighting it
 

Originally Posted by jcoke View Post

My groups final payment is due on May 22nd and my wedding isn't until July.  This should give them plenty of time to refund me back for my nights.

 

BTW, me and the FI want to leave MP the day after our wedding and go to another Palace resort, namely Le Blanc.  Has anyone else done this and did they consider the nights at the other hotel as comp nights? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Boo, that sucks! Too bad we won't be there at the same time.

 

My WC is Kalena. I hope to hear from her soon b/c I added another table and made some changes to the room setup and I just want to know that its ok with her. I mean even if I don't hear from her I am sure it will be fine b/c I got most of my plans done. I just like to have everything documented and planned ahead of time. I really need to stop worrying.
 

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

Yes, we leave Tuesday!!!!!!!!! We leave on the 24th so I will miss you by one day.smile27.gif

 

My TA is Claudia. She just emailed me again yesterday. She is pretty great! The only time I havent been able to get in touch with her was the past few weeks when she was out for surgery. She had someone following up with me while she was out and she emailed me on her first day back. Who do you have?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, I havent been too active on the forum lately but we leave for our Moon palace wedding in the am. I am trying to finish my planning thread tonight and post it. I will hopefully come back with a wealth of info for you ladies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Good luck and Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear all abou it.
 

Originally Posted by msredd3129 View Post

Hi ladies, I havent been too active on the forum lately but we leave for our Moon palace wedding in the am. I am trying to finish my planning thread tonight and post it. I will hopefully come back with a wealth of info for you ladies.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×