Photo

reception on beach or ...?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 mandys

mandys
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

I think having a reception on the beach is beautiful. You def. need to find out if it gets windy normally or not. It also depends on who your guests are. If it is mostly younger people who dont care about sand and wind etc then you should be fine. However, if you have older guests, they may prefer a reception indoors or just out of the sand. I think the beach is gorgeous, but I have personally opted for either the indoor or poolside just incase it does get windy.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
    April 2012

#12 dmob

dmob
    • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

wedding on the beach with a tent reception also on the beach. It was lovely and I think the guests appreciated that it was on the beach and that during the reception, some of our guests did walk in the shallow water. With the paper lanterns, twinkling lights and votives, it was beautiful!

#13 johndavis

johndavis
      • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

i think reception on the beach is a good idea until and unless its not windy

#14 johndavis

johndavis
        • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

i think reception at the beach is a good idea until and unless its not windy

#15 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

That sounds so beautiful!!

Originally Posted by dmob 

wedding on the beach with a tent reception also on the beach. It was lovely and I think the guests appreciated that it was on the beach and that during the reception, some of our guests did walk in the shallow water. With the paper lanterns, twinkling lights and votives, it was beautiful!

#16 celticgirl

celticgirl
          • 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

I too was wondering this!!! I think I like the having the reception by the pool idea!

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
            January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#17 nmw134

nmw134
            • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

I love the idea of the reception on the beach, my only two concerns are sand fleas/mosquitos and if its harder for people to dance on the actual sand?

#18 MDLady

MDLady
              • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

We had our ceremony on the beach and the reception on the deck just a few feet from the beach.  It worked out really well.

#19 xoamdxo75

xoamdxo75
                • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

We are doing what I think is the best of both worlds! Wedding on the beach and reception on the terrace by the pool. :)

#20 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

I think a beach reception and dinner would be beautiful! i too would be worried about the wind or rain.. Maybe you could set it up with the resort to have the beach reception, but a back up plan in place in case it is windy or raining? that way you have a back up plan and you can gage what you will do, on the fly depending on the weather? Good luck! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users