Newbies Cabo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 T&Jwedding

T&Jwedding
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hey folks,

I'm Tom. I'm getting married with my soon to be wifey Jessica, after 7 years of feet dragging on my part. As for when, we are looking at 10/22/10. Location, well hopefully Dreams Los Cabos (if we ever can get an email response back from their wedding coordinators).

I'm kinda taking an active roll with the wedding plans, since I've never been to a wedding in my 31 years of existence...well no that's not entirely accurate. I did see an Indian girl and and Irish fella get married right off Lake Shore drive, by lake Michigan in Chicago. But it was more of a gorilla style wedding. 3 limos pulled up out of nowhere as Jessie and I walked along the lake, a wedding party with about 15 people, not including the priestess and a big guy in a kilt and bagpipes, came out, and had what I guess was an unauthorized wedding. It was beautiful and all over within 10 minutes. That is partially why we've wanted to get married out on the beach.

I've found a lot of useful info already. I'm just hoping someone can maybe give me an advice as to how to get a hold of any of the Los Cabos coordinators, because they are way slow on the responses.

Best Regards,

Tom

#2 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
    • 2,667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi,
    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Dreams los cabos is a greta place. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#3 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hello and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions or advice you have will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#4 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
      • 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Hi Tom! Welcome to the forum :) Best of luck with your wedding planning

Oh - and the coordinators are known for taking a long time on responses.. so don't worry :)

#5 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
        • 656 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hi, nice to see a guy here! You'll find tons of info here! Congrats on finally stepping up your game. I had the same problem with Dreams Cancun. It's a thing to expect with them throughout your whole planning. I've corresponded twice now and even though my date is available, I'm still waiting to confirm it and send a deposit. I think dreams weddings take patience (something I have little of lol). Some people have tried calling but are usually redirected (i think theres a number in the wedding guide pdf if your dreams has one, but it's a mexican number). They do alot of weddings so they are super busy. that sounded like an awesome wedding!

#6 nbills511

nbills511
          • 164 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Props to you Tom for joining the forum!! It's refreshing to see a groom taking an active and dominant role in the planning process :) Best of luck to you and your bride in planning!!

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

tom, what questions are you looking to get answered...i book alot of dreams cabos weddings and just hosted a webinar there. i also, got married there.

ask away and we'll try to help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! There is a lot of info on here about Dreams Cabo, good luck with all the planning!
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#9 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
              • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

congrats and welcome!
                "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#10 Susan Pacek Photography

Susan Pacek Photography
                • 192 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Welcome to the forum Tom and congratulations to you and Jessica! I love your wedding story! It's so nice that you're taking an active role in the planning. You must be one special guy! I've not only photographed weddings in Mexico, but was a Mexico destination bride myself. One thing that frustrated me was the same as what's frustrating you...lack of response. But, don't take that as a reason to think they don't know what they're doing. They most likely do, but they are on a more laid back schedule than most people in the States. You will get a response and your wedding will be wonderful!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users