Photo

Scared my son.....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

Is going to completely embarrass me at the wedding? He was in my FI sister's wedding and he was horrible.

Any ideas to make your kid behave during the wedding? I tried lollypops and saying he could get a toy when we left but he was bad at the other wedding. He rolled down the aisle and barked like a dog. He is three by the way. lol

#2 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

LOL! He sounds awesome! It think its adorable seriously it's who they are at that age :)! And it makes for some awesome video footage and pics

#3 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
      • 218 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

thats hilarious! Maybe you could practice with him make it a game or something?

#4 Megan24

Megan24
        • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

That is what I tried to do with him for the other wedding. No such luck. I was not in the wedding but I had to pretty much pick him up and carry him down the aisle. It was so embarrassing. But funny looking back at it.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Really I am kinda suprised that your own son could embarass you. He is 3, its understandable if he does silly things. My niece was 2 at my wedding, and she was our flower girl, she came up to me during the ceremony and asked me if I had a snack. I laughed and said no. We got a picture of it because its one of my fave moments from the wedding. If you have kids in your wedding, you expect these things can and will happen. If you are embarassed by your son being himself and acting his age, then maybe you should have someone watch him in the room till the ceremony is over. But really, I don't think its necessary, he is your son, so its his day too and he is 3, kids will be kids.

#6 Megan24

Megan24
            • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kuteliya
              LOL! He sounds awesome! It think its adorable seriously it's who they are at that age :)! And it makes for some awesome video footage and pics

I will have to find the video of him at the wedding. You would laugh so hard. I need to put it on you tube or something.

#7 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Actually Julie made a pretty good suggestion... why don't you have someone watch him for you during the ceremony, and if you want during most of the reception?
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm not sure about the word "embarrassed", but I had 3 kids in my wedding. Nephew (2), niece (3) and niece (4), and they were among my favorite parts of the day. The girls left the ceremony to go look for seashells and we have the cutest pictures of them walking with their buckets. Then my nephew stole my bouquet from where it was laying on the beach and then stood on my train and that's another of my fave pictures. I wasn't embarrassed at all by their behavior, or else i wouldn't have had them in the wedding. But that's just me, and I'm pretty low-key and didn't want an uptight ceremony, so what they did totally fit with my idea of a perfect wedding.

If you have a more "perfect" image of what you want your wedding to be, I think Julie's suggestion of having someone watch your son is your best option.

#9 Megan24

Megan24
                  • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Thanks girls. I want him to be at the wedding. He is just going threw that whole terrible three stage. So I hear the weddings do not take that long maybe about 15 to 20 mins. So maybe if I give him a job to do like pick up sea shells or draw in the sand he might contain his wild self for that long.

#10 KimmyD

KimmyD
                    • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

I agree with everyone else. He may end up being one of the best memories of the wedding. What a blessing. :)
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
                      28 Booked + Bride & Groom
                      78 Room Nights!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users