Can anyone recommend a Wedding planner/coordinator in Riviera Maya?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

I am working with Lissette Velez from Celebracion Cancun. I went to the Riviera Maya and was able to sit in on one of the religious ceremonies she coordinated. I sent her a deposit today!!!

It is hard to work on wedding planning being so far away but after seeing her and her work this weekend we have no doubts that we will be in good hands!!!

Let me know if you guys want her contact information.

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#22 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
    • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Another good thing - she is the one who suggested the resort we are getting married at. Her company has a good relationship with the resort and if it hadn't been for her I wouldn't have seen a few of the resorts she showed me. She is very prompt and her English is really good too. I feel more comfortable using someone from the outside to help even though I am getting married at an all inclusive.

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#23 YrishCathe

• 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Marifer
        hey! will you give me your coordinator´s mail so i can contact her?
        I am in a hurry to find everythign!

Hi I am so sorry for not responding, here is her contact info:
        Gelena Doehmel weddingsrivieramaya@gmail.com they also have a website at
        weddingsrivieramaya.com. Hope this helps.

#24 pobe0501

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

I am using destinationweddings.com and the planner is Sherryl Dabbs. She is amazing!

#25 Kerry444

• 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

I am using weddings riviera maya and working with Gelena as well. Things seem to be going well so far. I have also been down there at met both Gelena and Louisa in person, they seem to have a ton of ideas and also always say that if you give them a picture of exactly what you want they can usually give you prices on it or help you find something in your budget.

#26 kcho2307

• 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

hi guys- i was just wondering how much a wedding coordinator is supposed to cost. does anybody have an estimate?

#27 chipotle99

• 311 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm using Julieta Wedding Events,  she's so fantastic!  She has the biggest discounts of anybody, great communication, and she is setting up my ceremony, reception, and flowers, and even music.  Then my MOH contacted her and was able to set up a bachelorette club hopper night for half the price of anywhere we found on line.  She's free and then charges 10% service fee for things where she actually needs to set up (like my ceremony/rececption decor and flowers).  That's her only commission.  I can't recommend her more highly.  http://www.floresjulieta.mex.tl/

#28 delauren

• 84 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

I think it depends how soon you want to start using her and how much you need her to coordinate - I think between $500 and $2000 is the norm for the RM.

#29 alissrose

• 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

I'm using Jennifer Smith of turtle bay in akumal and so far she is wonderful! Our wedding is in march!

#30 Wifeof730

• Banned
                    • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Are you working with a US Based planner? They usually have strong connections with the resorts and whatnot. That way, you can work with a US planner to achieve what you want. Feel free to message me if you need more help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users