Photo

Can anyone recommend a Wedding planner/coordinator in Riviera Maya?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mercypharmd

mercypharmd
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

I am exploring the option of Riviera Maya however, I would love to make contact with a wedding planner. Also, any suggestions on a venue?

#2 delauren

delauren
    • 84 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

I have been using Yazmin de la Mora for my May 1, 2010 wedding in the RM. I love her, she is so helpful and knowledgeable and has been great negotiating with my hotel (which I chose before finding her, which I DON'T recommend!). She has lots of great ideas and has helped us save a lot of money but by using high quality vendors.

Yazmin De La Mora - Weddings & Catering

#3 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

It depends on what area you are looking for. Your best bet is to use the advanced search and search for "Wedding Coordinator", limiting your search to the Riveira Maya subforum.
        I like Julieta at WELCOME 2010! JULIETA your WEDDING FLORIST AND COORDINATOR and EW Cancun EW Events & Weddings
        for the Cancun area.

#4 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
        • 31 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

I am working with Gelena Doehmel from weddingsrivieramaya.com. She responds very very fast and will work with you with what you want and is budget conscious!!!! Very very nice. Hope this helps.
          Mrs.2Be

#5 Emmers

Emmers
          • 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I'm sure this would make things a lot easier. However, we ended up using the travel agent who is booking all the travel along with the on-site wedding coordinator at the resort, and it seems to be working. Of course they have a lot of other clients to tend to, but since we're not paying anything extra for their help, we've been quite pleased.

#6 Emmers

Emmers
            • 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

By the way, are you looking for a resort for the venue? If so, all-inclusives seem to ease a lot of the stress as well as the need for wedding planning since they take care of all of it. We're having ours at Iberostar, and we're really please with them so far. But I also hear the Palaces are amazing (but certainly not cheap). Anything around the Mayan ruins or cenotes would be beautiful as well.

#7 lalanyc

lalanyc
              • 363 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

We are not getting married at an all inclusive and while the hotel provides someone to help coordinate, I am thinking I might need someone to help herd the guests from the church, etc.

Has anyone paid for help just for the few days around the wedding? If so, was it helpful?

#8 lalanyc

lalanyc
                • 363 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

We are not getting married at an all inclusive and while the hotel provides someone to help coordinate, I am thinking I might need someone to help herd the guests from the church, etc.

Has anyone paid for help just for the few days around the wedding? If so, was it helpful?

#9 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                  • 272 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

I’m photographer living in Mayan Riviera. I have shot several weddings of an independent Wedding planner company. I appreciate the professionalism of Luisa and Gelena. And they can propose you really very different location because they are not working for anyone but for you.

Weddings Riviera Maya: www.Weddings Riviera Maya .

#10 poohshek

poohshek
                    • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:14 AM

You can also contact Your Dream Wedding in Tulum starts here...Whimsical Weddings Tulum. Donaji did a fantastic job planning our wedding and we would highly recommend her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users