Photo

Prices for trip?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jamaica0510

jamaica0510
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

We are getting married in Jamaica in May 2010. We booked through liberty travel and ppl we talk to that have been to all inclusive resorts before keep saying we are paying way too much.

We are staying at Sandals Negril for 7 nights. Our package is $5,200 That is airfare, insurance, and of the room. Is this too high? What is everyone else paying if it is okay to ask?

#2 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
    • 329 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

$5000 good grief ..

#3 sweetluna

sweetluna
      • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

When I was first looking at travel I started by speaking with more than one travel agent to determine who could get me the best price for what I was looking for. The next thing I did was go online and do my best pricing things out on my own. After doing this research I found that the travel agent I am working with is really giving me the best price so I've directed all of my guests to speak with her. Guess what? They too did their research and found she really did find the best deal for all of us.

It might be hard for people on here to compare pricing with you unless they are from your area. For me, there was even a difference between airports. (We have several to choose from depending on how far we want to drive) So that also affected price.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to do your research until you are comfortable you are getting the best price for what you want.

#4 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
        • 248 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

WOW! That sounds expensive! Is that a standard room or a jucuzzi room and is that per person

#5 jamaica0510

jamaica0510
          • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

Okay, so it is too much? But no one has said what it should be or what they are paying.

That is the price for both of us and it is the honeymoon room with ocean view. No jacuzzi or anything like that.

#6 asbarret

asbarret
            • 217 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

we are paying about half that for riviera maya. if its your dream wedding tho...eff it

#7 jamaica0510

jamaica0510
              • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Okay, thanx. I was just wondering why so many ppl were saying I paying too much. Wanted to make sure I was getting a good price. It does include a lot and I cant wait to go.

#8 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
                • 260 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I must be cheap....dayum! Maureen's the authority around here!!
                  I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#9 torywedd

torywedd
                  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

wow $5,200 for a couple w/ airfare, room, and insurance that is a tad bit much for jamaica.....i am not sure of the difference in the quality of the hotels, but we are staying at the Riu tropical bay resort in negril jamaica for 7 days as well, our hotel is AI also, and are rates are based upon double occupancy, we are only paying $3470 (airfare,room,insurance) for both of us ($1735 a person for 7 days)....for 4 days it is $1195 per person(airfare, room,insurance)........

maybe it has something to do with location, we are in chicago and used liberty travel as well, so far our travel agent has been great.....i would definetly check around

#10 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Check out this article -
                      http://bestdestinati....ts-know-14194/

All inclusives vary greatly in included amenities, quality of food & beverage, elbow room at the resort, staff training and so on- that is why you will find a difference between teh prices.

Just as a side note- when other all inclusives are hiring staff in Jamaica there are two lines- one for all others where they go through an interview process and seperate line for people who worked at Sandals! The ppl who worked for Sandals are generally hired right on the spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users