kerrij
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

Love love love this thread!!

#442 sosayi

sosayi
    • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

Please oh please can more people do this? I've read all 45 pages and it's been immensely helpful! :o)

#443 pamphilia

pamphilia
      • 362 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

this has been fantastic!

i am a big stresser, so i am hoping that all of these details you have cleared up for me will take some of that stress away!

i am my own travel agent, so i hope that the stress of all the booking doesn't overwhelm me over and above the actual wedding planning!

i am so excited...you ladies all made it seem so real for me. THANK YOU!
        ~pam

#444 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

This is awesome - thanks everyone! I only managed to go thru about a 1/4 cant wait to get home and finish the rest

#445 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
          • 5,466 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

What I would do:
            -Get married at Dreams Resort in Huatulco Mexico
            -Get married over the holidays so we got to celebrate Christmas and New Years with all our friends and family
            -Put together OOT bags and welcome letters for everyone-they really appreciated them, plus it made it easy to find people!
            -Give everyone travel mugs -again, huge rave from the guests
            -Have a low key rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
            -Have my sister spend the night with me, was nice to just hang out with her the night before
            -Write our own ceremony script and vows. It made it really personal and our guests really enjoyed it
            -Bring an IPOD for the reception instead of having a DJ
            -Have a big wedding party. We got to include all the people we wanted even though it was large but it was perfect
            -Do a day after session with our photographer
            -Switched resorts for our honeymoon

What I wouldn't do
            -Give guests a year and a half notice. It really didnt make a different
            -Get bouquets from the resort. we should have just went into town and bought and made them ourselves for a fraction of the price. Plus then they wouldn't have been late!
            -Book a travel agent who didn't live in our city. NEVER again will I book a travel agent outside of Calgary

I think thats it!

#446 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Nadine!! Wonderful advice :)

#447 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Nadine*
                What I would do:
                -Get married at Dreams Resort in Huatulco Mexico
                -Get married over the holidays so we got to celebrate Christmas and New Years with all our friends and family
                -Put together OOT bags and welcome letters for everyone-they really appreciated them, plus it made it easy to find people!
                -Give everyone travel mugs -again, huge rave from the guests
                -Have a low key rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
                -Have my sister spend the night with me, was nice to just hang out with her the night before
                -Write our own ceremony script and vows. It made it really personal and our guests really enjoyed it
                -Bring an IPOD for the reception instead of having a DJ
                -Have a big wedding party. We got to include all the people we wanted even though it was large but it was perfect
                -Do a day after session with our photographer
                -Switched resorts for our honeymoon

What I wouldn't do
                -Give guests a year and a half notice. It really didnt make a different
                -Get bouquets from the resort. we should have just went into town and bought and made them ourselves for a fraction of the price. Plus then they wouldn't have been late!
                -Book a travel agent who didn't live in our city. NEVER again will I book a travel agent outside of Calgary

I think thats it!
                Thanks Nadine! I was thinking about going in to town the day before my wedding to buy flowers locally by myself - good to hear that someone else thought that is the way to go!

#448 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Great tips Nads! Thanks!!
                  Loving married life! <3

#449 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                  • 661 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Nadine, Great advice!

#450 kerrij

kerrij
                    • 300 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Nadine! We are planning a TTD the day after the wedding but started to worry that it might not be the best day to do it, but now i'm glad! i really wished we were doing it on our honeymoon week 2, but our photog will be gone then
                      Thank you and your pic is amazing!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users