Photo

What's the difference between organza and crystal organza sashes?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bride2010

bride2010
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

This might be a really silly question. I have been researching organza sashes and I've decided on ordering from weddinglinensdirect.com as a lot of the brides here have suggested them and the prices are great. I'm now trying to decide if there's a big difference between the crystal organza sashes and the regular organza sashes. I know the crystal ones are a bit wider, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on this. Thanks in advance!
    http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
    26 Booked + Bride & Groom
    "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#2 sarah310

sarah310
    • 172 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

great question. i'm wondering the same thing...especially now that they crystal sashes are $5 more expenses per 10.

#3 cwelch

cwelch
      • 115 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

I was told by the company i ordered them from that crystal organza have a bit more of a shimmer to them, the color is a bit darker. the regular lay easier on the chairs

#4 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
        • 169 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

It may be a little late for this info now... but I have purchases samples of the cyrstal organza and regular organza in the fuschia color from weddinglinensdirect and yes the crystal organza is one inch wider than the regular, and it has more of a shimmer to it. It also is more of a darker more true fuschia color whereas the regular organza fuschia color seems a little more like hot pink when I have them laid next to eachother. I will try to post a picture of the two when I get home.
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

wow I did not even know there were 2 types. I like the idea of one glittering, especially when the sunlight would catch it!
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 MichelleS

MichelleS
            • 189 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Crystal sashes sparkle more

#7 becks1581

becks1581
              • 477 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BeachBride10
                It may be a little late for this info now... but I have purchases samples of the cyrstal organza and regular organza in the fuschia color from weddinglinensdirect and yes the crystal organza is one inch wider than the regular, and it has more of a shimmer to it. It also is more of a darker more true fuschia color whereas the regular organza fuschia color seems a little more like hot pink when I have them laid next to eachother. I will try to post a picture of the two when I get home.
                I'd love to see the comparison pic, thanks! Which type are you deciding to go with...do you think that the price difference is worth it?

#8 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
                • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for asking this I have been wondering the same thing! I think I may go for the crystal now!

#9 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
                  • 169 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

Hey ladies... I hope this works, I forgot how to add the pictures.

In the first picture the crystal organza is on the left side and the regular organza is on the right.

Click the image to open in full size.

The second one is a close up, and the crystal organza is on the right side.

The third picture shows them hanging, and the one on the right is crystal organza and the left if regular organza.

Hope this helps, and I have chosen the crystal organza ones. I know they are more expensive but I only needed to buy 30 total, and I wanted them to be wider since I will be tying them vertically.
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#10 ashley1316

ashley1316
                    • 353 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

thank goodness for this thread. i was just gonna order samples from this site. and i was lost as to the difference as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users