Photo

Mom just told me she HATES my shoes with my dress :( *Pics

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 torywedd

torywedd
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

i luvvvvv your dress and the detailing in it......i may have to agree w/ mom this time.....i think the shoes r so cute and sassy, but i dont see them goin' w/ your dress, but i know u can get sum wear outta them in mexico.......but the RED shoes and the SILVER/BLINGY thong sandals are so hottttttttt...luv them....

ps.....gurl, ur shoe game is bananas =0)

#52 angruck

angruck
    • 248 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by vdaybride
      Ok ladies, honest opinions needed here. I love my shoes and my mom just said that she didn't want to hurt my feelings but she HATED the shoes with the dress.. she loves the shoes, but not WITH the dress. I wanted heels, (I can wear heels to dump the garbage) but I didn't want to sink in the sand so I thought the espadrilles would be a great option. I plan on changing into jeweled flats for the reception. What do you think of the the wedding shoes?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
      sidenote: are you at pronovias in your picture? I got my wedding dress there and the inside looks like it :)
      Angela & Chris

#53 vdaybride

vdaybride
      • 1,412 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by torywedd
        i luvvvvv your dress and the detailing in it......i may have to agree w/ mom this time.....i think the shoes r so cute and sassy, but i dont see them goin' w/ your dress, but i know u can get sum wear outta them in mexico.......but the RED shoes and the SILVER/BLINGY thong sandals are so hottttttttt...luv them....

ps.....gurl, ur shoe game is bananas =0)

Thank you..shoes are my weakness.. I must admit.
        Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#54 vdaybride

vdaybride
        • 1,412 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by angruck
          sidenote: are you at pronovias in your picture? I got my wedding dress there and the inside looks like it :)

Yes, I am in Pronovias.. I love that store.. the girls are so nice.

#55 vdaybride

vdaybride
          • 1,412 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:51 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jsbride
            I'll mention here what I posted on another thread: if you want to you can wear heels also on the beach if you use a little trick. One of my friends who is really short (4' 10'') and really wanted some extra height did this for her wedding. They buried a piece of board in the sand right where they would be standing during the ceremony. Then they put a thin layer of sand on top so that you could not see the board. That way she was able to wear 4 inch heels also for the ceremony without sinking into the sand.

Your dress is lovely and the red heels are hot as well :) Since you are obviously comfortable with wearing high heels (just like myself), why not ? The only problem I could see with using the flats first and then the heels is how you will adjust the length of your dress to match the different heights.
            What a great idea, thanks so much for sharing! I would be worried that I would trip on the way from trying to walk on my tippy toes. I am considering having a long board put down though. I ordered a 50ft. personalized aisle runner from I Do Originals , I may have my resort rent a 50 ft plank for me to walk on.. or I may just use the flats for the ceremony, then change later into the red ones. I would get the dress altered to the heels because I will be in those much longer.

#56 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

I love the shoes and love the dress but not together.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#57 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
              • 376 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

I voted to pass on the shoes - which, btw, are seriously sooo cute and I was kind of pissed that they don't work. You definitely need to take them with you, though, cause they will make some verreh cute honeymoon outing shoes.

#58 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
                • 248 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

Let me start by saying that dress is beautiful on you. I love the dress and she shoes but not together. I agree with mom

#59 wendyjd

wendyjd
                  • 968 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

I love the shoes and the dress separately but not together. I saw some white Stuart Weitzman wedges that I'm considering so I dont sink into the sand.

#60 allyson779

allyson779
                    • 238 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

I love the dress and shoes, just not together.
                      But your the bride and its your day... so if you want to wear the shoes than I say wear them. =)
                      Bride & Groom plus 86 booked!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users