baj
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

congrat's, I am sure you will have a great stay and a beautiful wedding

#22 Mallory57

Mallory57
    • 454 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

I am getting married @ MDC too! Would love to hear the details of your planning!
      35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#23 gbyrd

gbyrd
      • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

im getting married at moon dance cliffs as well. Congrats!

#24 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

About how much is the cost for each of your guest. I am also considering this resort.
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
          ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#25 Mallory57

Mallory57
          • 454 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tennyt1
            About how much is the cost for each of your guest. I am also considering this resort.
            If you go to Moon Dance Cliff's website, there is a link to a chart with all their rates. It depends on what type of room they book, the year you go, and if it is in-season or off-season.

#26 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
            • 260 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Congrats!! Super nice venue!!
              I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#27 doneill01

doneill01
              • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

This place is really getting popular!!! We are gettting married here Oct 30, 2010 and I just got back from vacation there and did my site visit. I was also wondering if there was somewhere else we could do the ceremony besides the gazebo but when i was there it is all so pretty i didnt even ask. you could possibly do it in the reception area like somene previously mentioned but i would guess only if you were having a very small group where they would have room to set it up for that and the reception at the same time. it seems like it would be a big pain if after the ceremony they would have to switch out the whole area for the reception (bring in the tables, decor, ect). trust me, as soon as i arrived i was in awe at how beautiful it all was and you wont be disappointed! Last week when we there a big group of our friends stayed at the Moon Dance Villas property and they are gorgeous as well! After seeing the resort i am excited to start all of my planning!

#28 Mallory57

Mallory57
                • 454 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by doneill01
                  This place is really getting popular!!! We are gettting married here Oct 30, 2010 and I just got back from vacation there and did my site visit. I was also wondering if there was somewhere else we could do the ceremony besides the gazebo but when i was there it is all so pretty i didnt even ask. you could possibly do it in the reception area like somene previously mentioned but i would guess only if you were having a very small group where they would have room to set it up for that and the reception at the same time. it seems like it would be a big pain if after the ceremony they would have to switch out the whole area for the reception (bring in the tables, decor, ect). trust me, as soon as i arrived i was in awe at how beautiful it all was and you wont be disappointed! Last week when we there a big group of our friends stayed at the Moon Dance Villas property and they are gorgeous as well! After seeing the resort i am excited to start all of my planning!
                  So happy to hear you liked it! Where is the reception held there? I need to find out details from MDC...like do they provide centerpieces and table cloths and runners etc. Do you happen to know? I'd love to hear any info you can provide, as I haven't been set up with the WC yet!

#29 dmob

dmob
                  • 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

We're booked all the Villas for the wedding on the beach, but was disappointed that we could not have an indoor reception. Is there a indoor venue at the Cliffs that would hold a wedding party of about 40?

#30 negrildreamer

negrildreamer
                    • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

moondance villas is several beautiful villas of varying sizes which seem more like nice luxury homes with private chefs/butlers. there are pools and a beach with super soft sand. moon dance cliffs is part of the same company and is brand new in negril. its in the west end right on the cliffs with a huge pool and views of the ocean. it has the feel of a boutique hotel but it also has four or five villas with butlers for them. the hotel has big rooms and i believe it has 2-room suites. i think they all have jacuzzis but i might be wrong. there is a sports bar that serves food as well as a restaurant literally right on the cliffs. it has open sides so it is like an outdoor restaurant but covered. the other option for indoors might be at the huge hotel lobby which is completely covered. unless you are getting married during the rainy season, why not have your wedding reception under the stars with the waves crashing up on the cliffs. its magical. i most certainly think 40 people would easily fit in the lobby if they were willing to do the setup there. its such a wonderful place you are going to love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users