Will you walk me down the aisle?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 creoletexan

• 220 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

So, I doubt my dad will walk me down the aisle. He was a deadbeat dad growing up and still not dependable. He said that he is for sure coming to my wedding in the Bahamas, but the next month he asked my younger brother to ask me if I would cosign for $1500 for him. No! So, anyways, I want to ask my Uncle to walk me down the aisle, and I wanted to do it in a creative and memorable way. He doesn't have any kids and never married, and has always been that father figure in my life. So,... any ideas ladies!

#2 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think that's wonderful! You obviously have a special relationship with him! I don't have any creative ideas here, but I don't really think you need one. Just telling your uncle how much he means to you & asking him to walk you down the aisle at your wedding says it all! I think he will be extremely touched & feel honored to fill that role.

#3 FutureMrsRell

• 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

With a card. I LOVE cards. And it's something he can keep. You might have to make your own if you can't find a "Hallmark"... Or, do you have a picture of the two of you? Maybe give him a tie... to wear that day Give him a CD with the song you will have playing while you walk down the aisle? Get him some new "walking" shoes? (that would be a humorous way!) Or a pedometer or something?? Guess it depends if you want it to be more humorous or sentimental. Good Luck! =)

#4 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

Bridesmaid Gifts and Wedding Favors | Will You Walk Me Down The Aisle Cards

here is a cute card you could use, and i also like the walking shoe idea!

#5 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

damn.. i would really like to have an idea for this too!
            33 People Booked!!

#6 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

maybe you can put together a little photo album of all the best photos of just the two of you. on the first page you can write him a note of how special he is to you and all the wonderful things he's done and on the last page you write a cute little note asking him

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 tmurphy82

• 156 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Oooh--I love the photo album idea!

#8 creoletexan

• 220 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

You all have great ideas, thanks!

#9 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I don't really have any ideas but I like the photo album and I think cards are perfect for every situation.
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 ~Crista-Lee~

• 329 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

Those are such great ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users