Matching rings?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

Absolutely not!! Both my e-ring and my wedding band are customed made by my FH. I am custom designing his. Both will be white gold, but his will have black diamonds and look completely different. my philosophy is we are going to have these rings forever, we each need to love them and they need to represent who we are! :-)

#12 trobin01

• 203 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

I fully agree it doesn't matter as well! You should both love your rings, so if they look different who cares as long as you each love what you wear.

#13 mc5363

• 315 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

I don't think it matters at all. It's something you will wear fo rthe rest of your life so you should both definitely like your choices. I have a diamond band and my husband chose a band with celtic knots. The pictures still look nice.

#14 march132010

• 1,057 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

I guess I'm the Lone Ranger on this topic I think it is very important for our rings to match...

#15 Jocy

• 209 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

I don't think it matters at all. Best just pick what you both want!!

#16 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

it's been said - but it's only important if YOU care about it! to me, not at all important.

mine is a diamond eternity band (platinum). his is a celtic ring (white gold). we both love our rings!

#17 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

I agree - it only depends on what you two like! We picked ours up recently - mine's a platinum/diamond eternity band & his is hammered platinum w/ a milgrain edge (tiny dots around the edge).

#18 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

I don't think it's important for your rings to match at all. I think it's more important that you both have something that you love. You will, after all, be wearing if for the rest of your lives :) Good luck with choosing!

#19 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

I agree with everyone who said it doesn't matter. FI picked out his ring, I picked out mine and they don't match- mine is yellow gold with diamonds and his is tungsten. I figured since he was the one wearing it everyday it was more important that he liked it and vice versa.
                    Loving married life!

#20 IrishgirlinNY

• 938 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

I agree with mc5363. You each will be wearing this ring for the rest of your lives. You should each love your own even if it doesnt match. My engagement ring is a round diamond with emeralds on the side and I want a band with diamonds and emeralds as well. He has no interest in emeralds. Go with what you like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users